Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise-J on the ShipOfTheLine 2005 (Page 8)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Enterprise-J on the ShipOfTheLine 2005
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Were I drunk, I could see the Museum temporarily re-labelling a bunch of old ships to have an "Enterprise Exhibit" or somesuch for a special occasion. And creating an outsized Pre-E to go with it. [Razz]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Joshua Bell
Member # 327

- posted      Profile for Joshua Bell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just coming to the same conclusion. Heck, some might not even be real starships, just mockups. The E-nil might just be a hollow shell with just the bridge, engineering, sickbay, Kirk and Spock's quarters, plus a few random hallways and turbolifts.

You can imagine the voice of the tour guide when leading guests into the "Enterprise-B": "Now as you know, the real Enterprise-B was lost in the battle of Gah Seeyusano Maly. But we have one of her lesser known sister ships here on display and we have updated the interiors to match what you would have seen had you visted the Enterprise on that fateful day."

No doubt there's a bake sale being held at SFHQ to raise money for the "Retrofit the B" campaign, with sticklers that want to make sure the outside of the Feaux-B is accurate, right down to the font used on the hull and the banner iconography.

--------------------
http://www.calormen.com/Star_Trek/FAQs/

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did the link to the Museum go? It's not working.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The image of the E-J, to be honest, looks like a rush job. The saucer doesn't seem to interact well with the hammerhead secondary structure. And the image is identical in angle to the MSD seen by Archer, which makes me think that they took Drexler's image and just modified it in a hurry to be the situation display. It's a bloody weird angle for a MSD anyway. As always they got too ambitious while also being sloppy. They could have just used Drexler's image as a nice piece of corridor artwork, but instead they had to go and add lots of flickering status lights to it.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Joshua Bell:
I was just coming to the same conclusion. Heck, some might not even be real starships, just mockups. The E-nil might just be a hollow shell with just the bridge, engineering, sickbay, Kirk and Spock's quarters, plus a few random hallways and turbolifts.

Hmmm....I think it would be intresting to have the Sarfleet Museum with few -if any- real historical ships in it at all: they could all be holographic in nature -explaining why the gangways lead into through hull of the Ambasador "C" and how some sloppy programmer flubbed and made holographic stoc Excelsior....
The gangways (once inside a "ship") would be surrounded by a holographic montage of each ship's history and the crews that made it famous.

I SO cover trek's ass. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it interesting in that they can create an Ambassador model for the calendar, yet they can't for all of DS9!

I like how you can see into the museum's windows! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a pretty inaccurate Ambassador though.
Besides, if they were going to make one new CGI model, I'd have prefered a mid-sized Dominion ship or something new from the cardassians. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Ambassador model was created some time ago for a project that never saw the light of day. And yes, the artist concerned knows how inaccurate it is.

M.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of project?

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

What is inaccurate about the E-C model? And why is there a Starfleet Medical shuttle in there?

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Deflector and interconnecting "neck" are really off for starters.
Still, at least it's not the Reliant sneaking in. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that a big giant grappler hanging underneath the BoP?

It's a shame that all the birdlike names got mixed up terribly on ENT, because the proto-BoP is not that bad.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
What is inaccurate about the E-C model? And why is there a Starfleet Medical shuttle in there?

The deflector, some of the panelling on the rim of the saucer, secondary hull shape and a few other things. Didn't ask what project it was for.

No ide abut the shuttle.

M.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Is that a big giant grappler hanging underneath the BoP?

Nope, that's a weapons turret as seen in "The Expanse".

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I dig the retro BOP far more than the STIII version.
The comand pod is very mean looking whereas the STIII version's torpedo launcher makes it look like it's screaming like Mr. Bill.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps