Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Reverend's Antares refinement (Page 4)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Reverend's Antares refinement
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...yeah, moving on.

Update

Almost done, just need to finish off the ventral view.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like that Rev, very nice.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is a beaut. The type of thing Scotty would have a wet-dream about.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not an image I especially wanted floating around in my head.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... bloody... cool.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Oi! People from the Midwest USA aren't allowed to say bloody in that context! It sounds weird.

Anyway, a little more word done on the side view...
 -

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The panels lines and registry on the top of the saucer don't match on the top and side views. On the side view, the registry sits directly on a line but on the top view it's between lines. Also, on the top view you have 28 radial divisions, but on the side view there are probably only half that number.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

You and I are probably the only two people here who would spot that, you bastard. [Wink] Like I said before some of these vectors are from the original drawing so I'll have to redo most of the grid lines on the fore & side view, probably after I've done the ventral view. As for the name & reg, I'm leaving them alone for now because I haven't decided yet if I should bump it up into the 2100's, now that I don't need to keep an eye towards the "Charlie X" Antares.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome [Wink]

You spotted the error but didn't do anything about it? Shame! Shame! Your membership in the perfectionist's guild is hereby revoked!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Bah, the perk in this guild suck anyway, don't even get a membership pin!

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
I'm leaving them alone for now because I haven't decided yet if I should bump it up into the 2100's, now that I don't need to keep an eye towards the "Charlie X" Antares.

Well, in my project, I set the Antares pathfinder as NCC-1793, placing it about 2269. That would fit really well with this (maybe because I kinda locked it that way).

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

It's a bit sticky because by all accounts the 1700s were commissioned around 2245 and by 2272 the Entente (NCC-2120) is out and about. I tend to think the Excelsior as having a very long development history (being the "Great Experiment" and all) which accounts for it's relatively low reg. So I'm thinking maybe NCC-2071 for the prototype.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a Cowboy Bebop reference in there, but damned if I'm gonna look for it.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

So there is, I didn't even realise it. Must have snuck into my subconsciousness as I have just this month watched the series for the first time.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just love the Phase II docking ports. A nice touch.

As for registries, depending on what kind of system you use, it wouldn't really matter much. In my Big Giant List, there are already 3800s (Ptolemy) and 2700s (Loknar) flying around for decades in 2269. This assumes block assignments based very roughly on ship type and leaving room for growth, leaving lots of gaps.

I would tentatively place this starting at NCC-2050, assuming a late 2260s launch. This is close to the Excelsiors and the Ventures on my list. Alternatively, something around 700-800 would also be a nice zone, near the Oberth, Cahuya and several scout classes. But of course, I have no idea how that fits for other people [Wink]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps