Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Reverend's Antares refinement (Page 7)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Reverend's Antares refinement
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, although Aban asked me the question in a, I think I might as well post this here too. This is the location of the escape pods.
 -
...and this is what they look like.
 -

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those things hold what? 10 people at a squeeze, so crew compliment is 100? With a bit of a leeway for visitors to the ship?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly ten people yes, so they have a potential evacuation capability of 110. Crew compliment can be anything from 20 to 100, though I imagine the 50 - 80 bracket to be the more common.

The reason why there's more than they really need has to do with not knowing how the crew might be distributed through the ship at any given time.
For instance if all the pods are in the saucer then it leaves the folks in the engineering section stranded or with a very long way to run (assuming the turbos are down and there's no direct route straight through the centerline) or leave them dependent on getting out via the shuttle bay, which may not be safe.

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh, it's smaller than I thought. That's good though.

If memory serves, you're an Illustrator guy, right? I'd love to take a crack at a 3D. If you can get me some .ai files, I can see what I can come up with. If you're worried about replication, etc, I really just need the curves for maximum fidelity lathing, etc. (Yes, Strata, still haven't learned that cursed Lightwave). PM?

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Actually I'm a Paint Shop Pro guy, so it's all in .pspimage files.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO this ship would be along the size of an NX class? Maybe a little bigger?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't used PSP since my friend gave me a copy of Hotdog Pro, which it was bundled with.

Back then I thought JPGs were cool too.

Live and learn.

Aban's the illustrator guy, Rev is the paperweight.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Photoshop!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PSP will save as *.ai files, though. Used to be able to do *.psd as well but I don't see that in there anymore...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use a no. 2 graphite pencil and stationary.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fabrux:
[QB] PSP will save as *.ai files...QUOTE]

Can it import ai files?

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I'm not seeing it in the "Save As" tab, so probably not. It can save as PSD all right, but if memory serves it doesn't keep the vector data and just converts it all to rasta.
To be honest though, if you're doing a 3D model it's usually better to just trace it.
While it's easy to get straight lines to align, compound curves are a nightmare and to be honest, mostly guesswork...the Korolev Yacht being a weird exception; according to Kenny I somehow managed to get it about 95% correct when he did the mesh. So it's better not to trust the 2D 100%.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rev, what version of PSP are you running? I'm using 9.00 (I hate 10 with a passion). I found *.psd in the save as menu. *.ai is there, too. Its Encapsulated Post Script (*.eps, *.ai, *.ps).

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I'm running 10. Didn't like it at first but I got used to it. 11 was crap, so I won't be upgrading any further for a while. Like I said, I can see *.psd but no...oh wait, you're right, Encapsulated Post Script, didn't see that.

Oh and Sean, yes it's roughly the same size as the NX. Here's a rough scale chart I keep.
 -

[ March 02, 2008, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woah, what's that ship on top?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps