Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Reverend's Antares refinement (Page 6)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Reverend's Antares refinement
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pixel 1: The location of the registry doesn't match on the front and side views. It's noticably lower on the side view. According to the top view, the read arrow line should be just below the phaser turrets, but on the side view its on the next section further out or down. The arrow should be at the center of the letters, but seems to be near the top.

Pixel 2: Why do the registry letters taper on the top view?

Pixel 3: The sides of rectangles on the front of the bridge are too straight on the front and side views.

Disclaimer: I'm an editor, whose job is to go over manuscripts letter by letter and look for errors. I love my work.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah! Close enough I say!
A good artist knows when to declare victory and move on. [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone please do some 3-d renders of this bad boy so I've got some photo reference to work with.

Ever since I first saw this ship, I've thought it could be the star of a post-TOS series.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
I attribute the bad spelling to being up too late and writing all that crap off the top of my head (and it's not like I expected anyone to actually READ it or anything) as for the patch, it never even occurred to me to change the reg, too busy trying to get the grid lines to line up properly I guess (read; it's Masao's fault.)
Anyway, all of those errors have been corrected, feel free to clear your cache & refresh.

It's OK..I was so tired I failed to notice "terretory" & "availible" as well.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aban, I think someone already took a stab at this in 3D a couple years back, not sure what became of it though.

Shik. I hate you.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha...sorry, duder. Mom used to have me proof her research papers & book manuscript as well.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you may be right. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've got a few of those images. I may just have to take a stab at this ala my Aegian drawing from back in the day.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I think you may be right. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've got a few of those images. I may just have to take a stab at this ala my Aegian drawing from back in the day.

Found it. Looks like he never finished it though. Regardless, it's changed quite a bit since then anyway.
If you want to try and persuade a 3D artist to have a go, your best bet would be to try and scare up someone on either TrekBBS or scifi-meshes.
I'd trust our own Axeman with the job, but I gather he doesn't have much time for it these days. You could try PM'ing him, you never know. Of course Vektor ant TrekBBS is one of the best around for TOS rendering, but I doubt he'd be interested...although he did have a bash at my old SD1 design way back when...Best of luck!

--------------------

Makotokat
Member # 1041

- posted      Profile for Makotokat         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such a classy ship.....I'd have a go if I wasn't so busy. I am downloading in your pics however.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Hmmm... yah, I've got something else printed out at home I think... I'm not going to bother anyone else, but I will see what I can do with what I've got.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Just be sure to use the images that are there as of now. I've been secretly mucking about with a detail of two all day. Might need to clear down your cache & refresh. [Wink]

If you have any questions or want any high res close-ups; send me a PM and I can give you my proper email.

--------------------

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice "Clergyman" [Big Grin]
Seriously, this thing has some flare to it ( no pun intended)

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

...No.

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Typing Clergyman was quicker than Reverend?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhhhhh...
*Runs away before being tarred and feathered*

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps