Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Reverend's Antares refinement (Page 5)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Reverend's Antares refinement
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Oi! People from the Midwest USA aren't allowed to say bloody in that context! It sounds weird.

I work with lady who moved here from Britain and says things like Blimey all the time. So I'm allowed by association.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oi! People from the Midwest USA aren't allowed to say bloody in that context! It sounds weird.

I say "bloody hell" quite often (out of earshot of the kids), but with a bit of a Southern twang. No idea why, though, since nobody else I know says it.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, fine, but no American is allowed to say bollocks. That's ours...and the Aussies...and the Kiwis...possibly Canadians...but Yanks are officially banned. I've heard them try it and it just doesn't sound right.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah bugger!
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gordon Bennett...

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, bullox to that.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Makotokat
Member # 1041

- posted      Profile for Makotokat         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe once they understand "dog's bollocks" they may be allowed (only on sundays during daylight savings time) to use the term bollocks!

I'm of Irish-Scottish-English extraction myself so I can say it whenever I wish.....eh.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're just jealous is all. Americans need better swears.

The ship's looking fantastic, btw, Rev. Still a bit confused about the fore/aft profile and what's extending beyond the deflector. Looking great as usual though.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We're just jealous is all. Americans need better swears.
Yeah, well get your own dialect!
quote:
The ship's looking fantastic, btw, Rev. Still a bit confused about the fore/aft profile and what's extending beyond the deflector. Looking great as usual though.
Not sure what you mean. Are you referring to the spike or the radial bands?

--------------------

Makotokat
Member # 1041

- posted      Profile for Makotokat         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a lovely piece of work Reverend!
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was noone else at the office today so I printed it out nice and big on our wide-format. This way I can study it and conjecture over the functions of various greebles, how many Galileo-type shuttle craft could fit in the shuttlebay, and various other subjects.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Sure, rub it in for the unemployed guy. [Wink]
I'd be surprised if it holds to that kind of scrutiny mind; I only have a vague notion as to the internal layout and the views as you see them are not final. For instance I'm working on the ventral view right now and I'm having to revise the other views along with it as I go. The shuttlebay is particularly tricky.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Ok, I think this about does it. That is unless Masao can find the three pixels I intentionally left out of place just to bug him...yeah, anyway, I spread it across two sheets for obvious reasons and filled in the gaps with mindless jibbering.
 -
 -
Bernd if you're still awake, we finally have an update for the ASDB site!

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That is unless Masao can find the three pixels I intentionally left out of place just to bug him...

The Persian rug mentality. I approve.

You didn't change the hull number on the project logo. Intentional or oversight?

Also, "Leonov" & "compression".

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I attribute the bad spelling to being up too late and writing all that crap off the top of my head (and it's not like I expected anyone to actually READ it or anything) as for the patch, it never even occurred to me to change the reg, too busy trying to get the grid lines to line up properly I guess (read; it's Masao's fault.)
Anyway, all of those errors have been corrected, feel free to clear your cache & refresh.

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps