Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Reverend's Antares refinement (Page 12)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Reverend's Antares refinement
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buffalo Chips! I was actually quoting Potter.
ALthough I see no reason why orders from G2 and G3 making a G5 combined field officer op-tech glitch couldn't make a corporal-captain. [Big Grin]

I used that term because it is standard practice to call the commander of a ship "The Captain" regardless of rank.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about instead of a captains console, something halfway between that and those gooseneck thingies from The Cage? The TMP slide out consoles are a great idea as well, as they allow more multi-role ability from each station.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(And also, Shik, the bit where the engineer etc sit on the Jacuzibridge would double as a bar, for the doctor to make his martinis.)

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something like a TOSed FIrst officer's console with a Cage headlamp thingy.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this is late 2260's early 70s design, so no. The command chair is fine as it is.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK... how does this look? I'm not happy with the station assignments, but I think the layout looks pretty cool.

-

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking good, though I'd remove the roll-outs from the Comms station for a bit of asymmetry, perhaps make #14 a standing only station too.
If you want a more logical layout try:-

09 - Probe Control
10 - Astrometrics
11 - Engineering
12 - Comms
13 - Planetary Science
14 - Aux Systems

That way all Ships Operations stations are to the Captain's left and all Mission Operations are to the Captain's right.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. I'm taking a week off, so I won't be able to work on this for a little bit. But by the time the 3-d model is ready, I'll definitely have this done.

So who wants to do internal blueprints? [Smile]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

well if anyone wants to, here's a rough cross-section.
 -

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a suggestion, but maybe the emergency crawlway should be bigger so that people can get past a turbolift stranded in the shaft?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh look, it's the data file of USS Antares [Wink] The crew count is completely random, I must admit.

-

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yah, the shaft crawlway could probably stand to be a little bigger. It was fine until I enlarged the turbolift a little.

So what have we got here... looks like 9 decks. How would that deck in the narrow part of the saucer be classified? I would tend to call it part of the deck below it, since there will probably be places where stairs woould take you up half a level. That seems more likely than steps leading down from the deck above.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
Just a suggestion, but maybe the emergency crawlway should be bigger so that people can get past a turbolift stranded in the shaft?

That wouldn't be consistent with what we've seen of turbo shafts to date. Besides, speaking as someone who used to build lifts, that would be a particularly dangerous thing to do.

--------------------

OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Cool. I'm taking a week off, so I won't be able to work on this for a little bit. But by the time the 3-d model is ready, I'll definitely have this done.

So who wants to do internal blueprints? [Smile]

Well it might be a little while for me to finish off a 3D model, as I'm having troubles with my PC. Ive reinstalled windows and all my apps, but I still have some stability issues, and running memtest seems to point to the fact that my memory might be on the way out.

Just looking at that cross section. That's an escaped pod located behind the bridge turbo lift shaft, right? Does the escape pod have grav plating? As if the escape pod is oriented that way, I can see it being a struggle for the crew to get into. With the pods grav plating on, and having to go from one grav field to another to get in. Or having the grav plates off and relying on the ships grav plating and have to "climb" into the front of the pod. Or with the pod having no grav plating in that area, and once the pod is full and everyone seated, activating the grav plating. Any which way it would add another time factor into getting into the pod quickly.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

That area could be a "Sweet Spot" like on NX-01. The area would only have to be a few metre's wide. Or, you can consider how they got into the Phoenix in First Contact. Actually, I believe that modern day space shuttles have seats that swing so that they can be sat in when the ship is verticle,( please, someone who is familiar w/ the space program correct me if I am wrong) so, for a dedicated bridge escapr pod, I see no reason why that technology could apply.

--------------------

-George Carlin

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps