Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2 (Page 11)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shouldn't this show be called "The John Connor Chronicles"? It seems more like an in-depth character study of John Connor than a show about Sarah protecting him. Which is why I like the show.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Oh, and the "eight years since the explosion in the bank vault" line was definitely used in this episode. Sloppy.

It could be that he's appeared in the very earliest days of the resistance, and will now go on to make his name as their Messiah - hell, their Kwisatz Haderach, the parallels seem apt. John Connor as Paul Muad'Dib?

If I recall, in the original timeline Conner founded the resistance in the work camps, where he staged a successful revolt and breakout. Which explains how the resistance first got their hands on plasma weapons and the like. In this case it looks like they started without him.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
quote:
For now. But he could somehow gain more control later. And what would happen if he comes to the conclusion that humans don't value human life which he comes to believe is sacred?
I'm pretty sure the Pentagon is clever enough to keep their nuclear launch systems on physically isolated systems. No matter how clever an AI is it can't magically control electronics without some kind of physical circuit.
That was one of the things that really bothered me about T3, when the T-X could remotely control cars. I can accept that it could wirelessly communicate with nanites or a small amount of MPA it injected into the car's onboard electronics, but how the bloody hell is it supposed to be able to change gear, release the hand break and operate the accelerator? Last time I checked those were purely mechanical controls!

There are some electronics involved in Transmissions.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Automatic transmissions, yes. But even still, hand brakes are purely mechanical.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So ok... the snake thing that came out of the HK and was reabsorbed into Weaver... I don't get it. Was it a different T-1000 or part of her? It seems like they wanted to suggest it was the T-1000 that escaped the sub in the future. But if it came out of the HK... me am confused.

How did Cameron know that she needed to help John Henry? Has this been her mission all along?

John and Cameron's "love scene" was interesting. Actually made me blush. While it was a little over the top (Cameron talking about her body and all that), I thought it was an interesting way to show the intimacy John feels toward her while at the same time reminding him and us how inhuman she is.

Interesting way to bring Derek back. I really, really hope they don't cancel this. Hearing the movie's theme music again at the very end was enough to make me want more.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I was under the impression that the T-1000 that re-absorbed into Weaver was her pet eel.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^It was. You can see it's an eel before it liquefies.

As for the "love scene", I was suddenly reminded of a similar scene from "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep". That felt cold too.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if Weaver, while not exactly petite, being female and therefore of slighter build might not want to seem heavier than she should be; so, she kept 'spare' body mass separate and disguised as the eel.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK... I didn't pick that up at all. I was reminded of the T-1000 that escaped the sub as some kind of snake looking thing. Alright... well, that mystery is solved. I still think Weaver is the same T-1000 from the sub though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure that was the point. That's why she asked the same question as from the last two-parter: "Will you join us?"

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hasta luego."
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
I wonder if Weaver, while not exactly petite, being female and therefore of slighter build might not want to seem heavier than she should be; so, she kept 'spare' body mass separate and disguised as the eel.

If that's really their thinking behind it, then I'm glad they're making an effort to stick to the rules about a T-1000's fixed volume. On the other hand it may just have been a security measure for the office. Mind you if they was the case then she'd have done something similar for Savannah, like a necklace or a bracelet.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe there has to be a certain amount before it can start mimicking recognisable objects. The amount that was blown off the T-1000 in T2 was about a couple of cupfuls, and that stayed in its liquid form and just oozed over to rejoin the whole, without turning into a rat or a snake or anything to do so. I guess it would have been cool* if Savannah's giraffe had suddenly come to life and sprouted spikes, but how much effect would something that small have against a T-888? Weaver instead just decided to use human bodyguards. That decision is either down to her not assigning as much importance to her as to John Henry, or she had no way of knowing a Terminator would used (hardly a likely opinion given she knows she's up against Skynet) or she knew that however much of 'herself' she was able to disguise and keep near Savannah wouldn't be enough to do any good.

* Cool, literally! T-1000s are cold, we know that, would a little girl choose a cuddle toy that felt cold?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Another question would be when and where did she have the opportunity to physically sample an eel?

I thought the way she dispatched the triple8 was pretty cool. As was her witty reply when asked "Catherine Weaver?" I guess Uncle Bob was lucky there were no power junctions in the smelting factory...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

^Well one assumes there was a real eel in that tank at some point.

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps