Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2 (Page 10)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This could explain the terminators that think they're human in Salvation...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
I can't see John Henry seriously believing in God, at least for long).

I'm betting that, at some point, John Henry gets very, very angry. J-Day has to happen for a reason, and I have money on somebody making him mad.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think something happening to Savannah has the potential to do that.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know, i think you could be right...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking forward to seeing what consequences Sarah's arrest has. This is the first time she's been on the grid for years. Skynet could now know where and when to send Terminators after her in an attempt to find John. Water Man may redirect his efforts as well, now that he knows who he saw at the Weaver house.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

That's actually a bigger question: where did water man come from? All the water guys in grey overalls are apparently working for Koliba, the company who owned the "air conditioning" factory. It seems that the other AI is running Koliba but only got plans for the endos by accessing John Henry. So why is there an endo working for Koliba? Did SkyNet send one back to help itself?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though I realise it's a paradox, it could be as simple as skynet using her arrest to determine when she'd be at Weaver's house and sent a Terminator to be there before she was arrested.

As for John Henry, just making him angry won't be enough spark off JD, at least not in the way it originally happened. The first JD happened under rather specific circumstances. John Henry isn't hooked into NORAD with a fully automated missile system and unmanned stealth bombers. The worse he could do is crash every system connected to the net.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

For now. But he could somehow gain more control later. And what would happen if he comes to the conclusion that humans don't value human life which he comes to believe is sacred?

And the endo that came to the weaver house was dressed in grey overalls and was using the water delivery guy MO like the other Koliba goons. He's got to be connected to Koliba somehow. Or at least, that would seem to be what they're implying.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
For now. But he could somehow gain more control later. And what would happen if he comes to the conclusion that humans don't value human life which he comes to believe is sacred?
I'm pretty sure the Pentagon is clever enough to keep their nuclear launch systems on physically isolated systems. No matter how clever an AI is it can't magically control electronics without some kind of physical circuit.
That was one of the things that really bothered me about T3, when the T-X could remotely control cars. I can accept that it could wirelessly communicate with nanites or a small amount of MPA it injected into the car's onboard electronics, but how the bloody hell is it supposed to be able to change gear, release the hand break and operate the accelerator? Last time I checked those were purely mechanical controls!

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yah. That was dumb.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fuck? Potential emergency series finale if ever I saw one.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So John Connor jumps to a future where he was never born...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
The fuck? Potential emergency series finale if ever I saw one.

I know right? Good way to keep the series in limbo or make it end on an ironic note. See, protecting him was no longer relevant since time's so fucked up he no longer exists!
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

If that's the series finale, I shall be most annoyed.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and the "eight years since the explosion in the bank vault" line was definitely used in this episode. Sloppy.

It could be that he's appeared in the very earliest days of the resistance, and will now go on to make his name as their Messiah - hell, their Kwisatz Haderach, the parallels seem apt. John Connor as Paul Muad'Dib?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps