Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2 (Page 7)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Sarah Conner Chronicles $$$$eason 2
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
I just want to know why Riley and Kendra Shaw want to separate John from Cameron. As for that thing at the end, it could be a prototype HK or any other vehicle used by SkyNet. Though I wonder how something so large go undetected, save for the UFO nuts. Cloaking device?

Actually, I think that thing is at least partly based on those CGI looking "UFO drone" photos that showed up a few years back, so in that sense it hasn't gone so unnoticed.
Somehow I don't think the T-1001 has anything to do with this little development, so me may have yet another faction in play here.
Most likely it's the US government since there has been a lot more time travelling going on than we might have previously suspected. On the other hand it could be a continuation of what Cyberdyne started, since they might have already had government funding by the time of T2 and it would explain what they were doing with the T-800's arm.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps the T-1001 is working for a group that's trying to remake SkyNet in it's own image as opposed to prevent its creation. It showed a certain concern for making the little girl feel comfortable and seems interested in John Henry learning about compassion for humans.

And then something goes horribly, horribly wrong...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just occurred to me exactly why that motorcycle hitman definitely wasn't metal; terminators don't run away while the target is still alive so that was almost certainly a human.

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rev:
quote:
terminators don't run away while the target is still alive
Except for the original Terminator, after crashing his police car crash, prior to Kyle's and Sarah's arrest. We discussed that plot hole before, someone said he was maybe regrouping to fix his eye, though I think he could've strangled them fine with only one eye.

But yeah, the bike-dude/chick was probably not a terminator. I hope it wasn't a human/terminator hybrid either, if they start meddling with that there's no end to the variations and spamification of the terminator role.

[ December 19, 2008, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Nim ]

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Except for the original Terminator, after crashing his police car crash, prior to Kyle's and Sarah's arrest. We discussed that plot hole before, someone said he was maybe regrouping to fix his eye, though I think he could've strangled them fine with only one eye.
I rather think it was a tactical retreat. After all, if they're arrested then he'd know exactly where the target would be, which would most likely be locked in a cell where she can't run away. The damaged eye and hand would have been secondary.

If the biker were a Terminator it wouldn't have been a drive-by shooting. It would have stopped and finished the job.

The US military was bound to come into it at some point as Skynet was always under military funding and I doubt Skynet would be much of a creative thinker, so the designs or at least the concepts for the various HKs must have been pre-existing, at least to some degree.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
System reboot.

$$$$$$$$$

So ok... our predictions for the most part have come true. Jessie is either dead or gone. Riley's toast. And John seems to be finally coming to terms with what his destiny means for him.

A couple of questions:

What was with the lamp in Jessie's room? She kept playing with it and then the cleaning lady touched it briefly. Did I miss something? Was it important somehow?

Which Cameron is Cameron? There's the Cameron that modeled itself off the resistance fighter, was captured and reprogrammed. Then there's the Cameron that has been with Conner for the last 20 years and has become his trusted right hand. Did John send the new one back? Or the one that's been with him all this time? Either way, there seems to be two of them in the future, at least until one got sent back.

The resistance doesn't seem to have ever encountered a T1000. And Quigg didn't seem to be worried about it attacking the crew. Not that he would even if it was going to, I guess.

Should be an interesting end to the season. I noticed they've gotten away from Cameron and a T888 kicking each other's butts every episode. They've actually gotten away from Cameron period.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
The resistance doesn't seem to have ever encountered a T1000. And Quigg didn't seem to be worried about it attacking the crew. Not that he would even if it was going to, I guess.
Or if they have, none have survived to tell anyone else about them. As for Quigg, I think it's fair to say he reasoned that there's no way they would have been able to contain, let alone destroy a T-1000 with whatever they had on the boat.
The fact that Conner seams to have asked one to join them pretty much confirms that given their nature, Skynet can't put a physical block on their ability to learn like it can with the endos, so they're more or less free agents.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite a nice little way to explain Jesse's motives in wanting to drive a wedge between John and Cameron - shame it only came about five minutes before they got rid of the character altogether. But I can't believe she was working on her own - she wouldn't have been able to use the time-displacement equipment to send herself and Riley back without help.

I don't think there can be two Camerons as someone suggested in a previous page. There is one, she was FutureJohn's right-hand-machine, but as noted in a recent ep in the end he chose to send her away. But, perhaps in the future Jesse comes from, he didn't. So there could be two, in fact!

I wonder. . . are the T-1000s effectively free-agents, and some were willing to dispatch an envoy to parley with FutureJohn, and the terms of that parley demanded it be kept in some sort of stasis-box for the journey?

Hair-raising question for the week: if Jesse's Derek did get sent back - where did he go?! Apparently Brian Austin Green's just been cast as the lead in a pilot, so even the cast are seeing the writing on the wall for this show.

I enjoyed this week's ep more than I think I have any other this season.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

"If you pretend not to recognize me, I might shoot you in the head."

Best John Conner line ever.

I see John becoming a very different person after this. No more trying to find a life. No more breaking the rules. He's John Conner. Protecting his mother and stopping SkyNet are going to be all that matters.

There are all kinds of reasons the T1000 could have been in the box. Perhaps it had been captured. Perhaps it agreed to come and talk and allowed itself to be put in stasis so it would be taken to Serano Point, at which point screaming and dying would've ensued. But once Jesse scuttled the sub, it knew that wasn't going to happen.

I think there's only one Cameron, but two temporal versions of her in the future. One is the newly minted infiltrator replacing Allison Young who has been captured, reprogrammed, recognized by Conner as his long-time companion and sent back in time to protect his past self. The other is the version that has been with John for 20 years and continues to serve as his Lt.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen the latest ep of Sarah Conner, looking forward to it though, was interesting with the sub. Oh and there was another Rubberface T-700 or whatever on the oil platform, I'd like to see what they look like without skin.

I'd be hard pressed to say which show is best, "Sarah Conner" or "Highlandor". More blood in the former, more sords in the latter. I have to bring out the meditation turnip.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I'm pretty sure from what Kyle said in the first movie that the only real difference between the 700 series and the 800s was the living tissue. So under that rubber they're probably the same endos we've already seen, more or less.

While we're on the subject of temporal duplicates, it might be worth noting that the Kyle Reese that fathered John may not be the same one that Derek grew up with, that is assuming Sarah remembers the same one that we saw in the movies. That Kyle grew up in the ruins after Judgement Day, back when it took place in '97. Hell, that Kyle might not have even had a brother, or he might have already died in the camps.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Always in motion, the future is.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another good episode. Ish. They're really ratcheting up the pace. But will it be too late?

(amazing, really - only one week and I'm missing BSG already, I haven't been bothering to watch TSCC usually until the middle of the week after it airs)

One thing, though - I think it's safe to say at this point anyone still watching KNOWS the Cyberdyne/Dyson backstory, why have all that exposition?

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
One thing, though - I think it's safe to say at this point anyone still watching KNOWS the Cyberdyne/Dyson backstory, why have all that exposition?
Wishful thinking?

On the other hand, it would be against John Henry's character NOT to spill a ton of unnecessary information every five seconds, so it can be forgiven. Plus it reminds everyone that the writers really do respect the original material.

Anyway, some interesting revelations as it looks as if there's more than one Skynet candidate AI. More to the point it increases the likelihood that the T-1000s have an agenda all of their own, since Weaver is apparantly trying to mould a Skynet herself while there is clearly another one (possibly the "real" Skynet) on the loose and seemingly under no human supervision.
I'm starting to suspect that Weaver might be one of Conner's agents...

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

That would be a neat twist. Perhaps further attempts at bringing the T-1000s on-side were more successful.

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps