Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Anyone... (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Anyone...
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All men are not hurtful... just the ones you like.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Infinity: What do you mean by "form-fitting"? Do you mean as tight as, say, the casual clothes worn on Friends, Spin City, blah blah? Or do we mean first season TNG form-fitting?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please forgive this return to on-topicness, but I'd just like to say that I'm not too fond of rent-a-car companies. You have to be 25 to drive them! Bah. Guess I won't be driving much until we get a new car. Maybe I shouldn't have totaled our old one after all... (Long story, if you want to hear it, PM me. )

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
High school in North America has proven to be a very very very prejudiced place, where you get judged on pretty much everything. There is no specific rule that you have to wear baggy clothes, but people that wear clothes that look normal(if you wore anything like an ST uniform, it's like commitings suicide) are jokingly called gay, and I don't wanna risk anything unless it is absolutely necessary.

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!
Me- Jen.... Where'd you go.... I love you... please come back.... please....

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because what the "cool kids" think is SO important in the long-term scheme of things.

I was famous for showing up in the most outlandish outfits. Shorts & a Hawaiian shirt in the dead of winter. Black pajamas on Ho Chi Minh's birthday. One day, I even came with a suit & briefcase--that freaked everyone out.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't say senior high school is the most prejudiced placed. Late elementary school and all of junior high school was when I verbally and, occassionally, physically assaulted the most.

Senior high was a lot of fun. I was active in the bands and orchestra and managed to gain a decent level of respect from my hard work. At that point, I started wearing my Star Trek combadge on my letter jacket. People thought it was cool.

Now, I AM the Pompatus of Love. Just because I suck at getting the ladies doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Ask my friends. To get those reactions, I asked them out in a normal manner, "Hi, I was wondering, if you weren't doing anything this weekend, if you would like to come with me to dinner/movies/bookstore/theater/concert/something else." That simple question got me those reactions.

Contrary to popular belief, I've never used:

"Hey baby. Let's go get some barbeque and get busy."

"The word of the day is 'legs.' Let's go out and spread the word."

"Nice shoes. Wanna fuck?"

"That's a nice outfit. It'd look better in a crumpled heap in the corner of my room."

"I'm the Pompatus of Love, baby. Let's go play with my 'lovesaber.'"

Nope, never used them.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I hate men. HATE THEM. I just don't see WHY they always have to be so HURTFUL!"

Of course you can't see why. There's no reason for it, because it isn't true. It's like saying "I just don't see why the sky is always pink..." :-)

"There is no specific rule that you have to wear baggy clothes, but people that wear clothes that look normal...are jokingly called gay, and I don't wanna risk anything unless it is absolutely necessary."

"Risk"? Risk what? Being "jokingly called gay"? "Oh no! Someone jokingly called me 'gay'! Oh, the pain!" Grow up, man. There's a lot more to this life than what some fuckwits think of your clothes during high school...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wear baggy clothes. I like baggy clothes. Why? Because I find them quite comfortable. I haven't worn a pair of jeans in ages. They're just too...uncomfortable! Cotton pants and khakis are far more comfortable for me. And baggy shirts, well, they're comfortable and they also don't show my physique, which is definately a good thing. Being 5'10" and having a mass of 220 lbs isn't good, you know.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's not. Go for a run.

"...people that wear clothes that look normal(if you wore anything like an ST uniform, it's like commitings suicide)..."

If you're putting a ST uniform in the "normal" catagory, then I can't help you.

"I was famous for showing up in the most outlandish outfits. Shorts & a Hawaiian shirt in the dead of winter..."

That's just impractical, surely?

"Black pajamas on Ho Chi Minh's birthday. One day, I even came with a suit & briefcase--that freaked everyone out."

Hmm. Were you ignored a lot as a child, Shik?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

"At that point, I started wearing my Star Trek combadge on my letter jacket. People thought it was cool."

I dunno if I'd call it "cool", but it's individual, and I can respect that. I've got a Buttercup keychain hanging off my uni rucksack (I'd rather have a Dexter one, but Dexter merchandise over here is rather scarce).

Still, there's a world of difference between wearing a com-badge, and an entire uniform. Especially since all Star Trek unifroms only seem to come in "extra large", "extra extra large", and "lard-arse" sizes.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha. I have an ice & cold fetish as well, Liam. And yes, I WAS sort of ignored as a child...but no more than anyone else in our generation. I just liked being absurd.

And I'll see if I can find you a Dexter ring.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm sorry if some people enjoy being societal rejects, but I don't, to me hanging out with the most popular people in school and being able to get dates and getting invited to parties and such matters. Maybe I am a shallow person, but hey, why fight it? If you can stay in good with all the popular people instead of being constantly shunned and having to hang out with the losers from the science club, then why not go for it. The stuff about the losers from the science club is not a metaphor, I used to be like that, I hated it, now I'm not and I'm glad to be rid of that, what people like that don't realize is, you're laughing AT them, not WITH them.

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!
Me- Jen.... Where'd you go.... I love you... please come back.... please....

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I shall from now on refer to you as Crazy Ivan.

Why?

99 44/100% of the people on this board are "those losers from the science club".

Hope you enjoy being an outcast

[ June 16, 2001: Message edited by: Mr. Christopher ]

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suck at science.

I was "that loser who draws in class."

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We didn't have a science club.

We had a chemistry team, but I didn't care enough to be on it. Besides, my dad taught chemistry in another school district, and how was I going to assert my independence if I didn't stink at chemistry?

I didn't go out of my way to be in any group in school. Basically, to me, other people were largely irrelevant. If they didn't have a direct impact on my life, I didn't need to deal with them. I couldn't relate to them on an intellectual level, because I didn't care about cars and pro wrestling and bands and clothes, so I had no reason to socialize.

Except girls... and girls I just couldn't talk to. No self-confidence at all. Convinced I was to unattractive to be at all interesting, given what there was for me to compare myself against. It wasn't until much too late that I discovered that several of the females in my class had considered me 'very cute' and 'very nice.'

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps