Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Anyone... (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Anyone...
Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We HAVE an Academic League. That sucks. I'm on it, and we are no good at all. But it's a lot of fun!

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dear God, the competitiveness of US schoold is scary.

We had football. And...er...that's it.

There is a line you can balance on. Don't shout out smart-arse answers. Do well in tests. Revise, but still talk to people, don't lock yourself away for months at a time. Go with friends to see films. Talk about TV. Don't wear a Star Trek uniform. Don't dress up like Heero Yui from Gundam Wing. Don't sit in the corner saying "Wrestling and sport are rubbish. I, with my superior brain, am far better than everyone." Relax. Find the balance between not looking like a complete idiot, and not caring about what other people think.

Go to a British university. Choose life.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Christopher:
I shall from now on refer to you as Crazy Ivan.

Why?

99 44/100% of the people on this board are "those losers from the science club".

Hope you enjoy being an outcast

[ June 16, 2001: Message edited by: Mr. Christopher ]

Tell someone that cares, if I get bored of this board I will not even think twice before leaving, it is of no consequence whatsoever to my life and my personality

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!
Me- Jen.... Where'd you go.... I love you... please come back.... please....

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam, it's Heero Yuy, not "Yui." For God's sake, please, if you're going to type it, spell it right! It's a blow to GW fandom! Like spelling Picard with a "K" or something. Guh! *shudder*

Besides, who would want to dress up as Heero? Spandex, a green tanktop and clunky yellow sneakers? Yeah, right. Starfleet uniforms look so much more comfortable and ergonomic... (No, I would NEVER wear one to school. Well, perhaps on Halloween, but only the militaristic movies II-VI version. )

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I am fast becoming far too cool to hang out with most of you.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. It's scary when you're too cool for the nerds, and too sad for the cool people.

Daniel: Come on. Dubbed Anime is full of alternative spellings of character names. That's what happens when you translate from Japanese. And even when the names appear, in English, on the original show, people still refuse to believe them.

Of course, I don't go in for any of that, and I'll pick the most common spelling. Unless I don't like it. So, I'll go with Yuy. And I shall guess the others:

Duo Rattrap Maxwell
Trowa something
Quatre Weiner
Wu Fei.

I would be willing to bet at least two of them are wrong. I am cool.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Daniel
Member # 453

Almost all. From a dedicated fan:

Heero Yuy = 01
Duo Maxwell = 02
Trowa Barton = 03
Quatre Raberba Winner = 04
Chang Wufei = 05

And the dubbed spellings are consistent, so there goes that theory. Take a look at the subtitling and the official posters issued by Sunrise et al. Mainstream Gundam fandom prides itself on its consistency with name spellings, so nyah. And those aren't just some silly little numbers I put in. The pilots are actually numbered. (Names = numbers)

P.S. I just remembered, (duh) the names are in English on the JAPANESE version, so they HAVE to be the correct spellings. The only Japanese name there is Heero Yuy, and that is corroberated by official publications etc. So nyah again!

P.P.S. Just to jump briefly back on topic, I'm feeling fine. Happy. (School is over, yay!)

[ June 17, 2001: Message edited by: Daniel ]

[ June 17, 2001: Message edited by: Daniel ]

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

"I just remembered, (duh) the names are in English on the JAPANESE version, so they HAVE to be the correct spellings"

Gundam fandom is more mature than Dragonball fandom. Bulma spends most of Dragonball walking around in clothes that say "Bulma", and people STILL insist that her name is "Buruma", because it's a more "accurate" translation.

I knew that there names were numbers. What nationalities are they?

I'd guess:

Heero: japanese
Duo: American
Trowa: Er, European?
Quatre: Middle East
Wufei: Asian

Aren't Japanese names back to front? Surname first? So in the Japanese version, is he called Yuy Heero? Or is Heero his surname?

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*grumbles something incoherent about stupid anime*

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How the hell did we get on the topic of anime? I say we go back to LOA's problems with men being complete.... must go back and find exact term...
That wasn't it, she said men were hurtfull, I'd like to argue the opposite, some men are rather nice, like me
Well, I'm almost always nice to women, I don't regard them as sexual objects and such, cuz that doesn't work, I've seen where those guys end up, and I don't want that.
I suggest that all of the nice guys at this board get together and show LOA that there are really nice guys here too, or if she's completely forgotten about it, talk about something else, cuz anime is not something I enjoy.

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone is surprised that we got OFF topic? Amazing.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Daniel
Member # 453

Heero = Japanese
Duo = American
Trowa = ? (no one knows)
Quatre = Arabian
Wufei = Chinese

Actually, Heero's first name is Heero. And his last name is Yuy. In the Japanese version, it is STILL Heero Yuy. So it doesn't apply to him. It's actually (surprise, surprise) Wufei that has his surname fist. Chang is his last name.

--------------------

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He just left again.

The hurtful one, that is.... and this one hurts more than any of the others have.

Some guys hit on me at work today... they were cute, fun, and nice...... I wanted to slap them. It's going to be a LONG time before I recover from this one...... a long time.......

I've never let a guy get to me like this before. *shakes head* I'm losing it, I really am........

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

MC Infinity
Member # 531

That's so sad... Don't worry though, you'll get over it. I was in a very similar situation when my girlfriend dumped me, I don't know if you remember but I said something at this board that what we had was one in a million, well, she didn't seem to think so. In a few months I was okay, and now I've met someone new, I'm gonna withhold stupid statements like that this time though, I don't wanna get that hurt again if the same thing happens.

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Me- Fine! Be that way!

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps