Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Oh, crap, not again ... (Page 10)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Oh, crap, not again ...
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, for one, love Benny Hill.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the Welsh people I've met have all had really, really nice accents. Lovely and sing-songy. They flow.

Of course, I've only been to the parts of Wales that are near England. Going any further in with a London accent would result in myself being shot and offered as a sacrifice to Hector, the great goat God of Cymru.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. . . Or just set on fire, since you sound like every Estate Agent I've ever met.

(either way, I'll be in the BBC camera hide, commentating)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know whether that's good or bad. I mean, if you'd said that I sounded like "every weasly lawyer" you've ever met, then fair enough. But estate agent? Do they sound evil? Should I take this as a sign of what job to get?

quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
I, for one, love Benny Hill.

Good. No-one else does.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm curious, what country doesn't have a superiority complex? Maybe France, sometimes, when they're being invaded. But, otherwise...?

"Developpe a tendencye to add unnecessarrye lettyres to one's wordes. Especially 'u's."

"Not unnecessary; simply correct."

Not correct. Simply French.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that episode of Ground Force where they were in Wales.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom Jones, International, baby.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Good. No-one else does."

Would this be a bad time to mention I once sat through an entire episode of Benny Hill without changing the channel or even averting my eyes?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Yes

quote:
Originally posted by Timmy Nubile:
I'm curious, what country doesn't have a superiority complex? Maybe France, sometimes, when they're being invaded. But, otherwise...?

Which is strange, because France nowadays also has a massive superiority complex. Look at their attempts to get rid of dirty English words like "weekend".

--------------------

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you'd hear them pronounce those English contaminants, you'd support their efforts.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: Right, but they aren't being invaded right now.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I'm not surprised. Do you know how long it took for us to get rid of Calais after the last time?

quote:
Originally posted by E. Cartman:
If you'd hear them pronounce those English contaminants, you'd support their efforts.

And when they manage to mangle their tenses, that just drives me over the edge.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean like "I am going to de city yesterday" that kind of thing?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

No. More like "If you had hear them pronounce those English contaminants, you would support their efforts."

--------------------

Cartman
Member # 256

Nixpicker.
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps