Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Oh, come off it! (Page 10)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Oh, come off it!
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That could only happen if your profile folder got screwed up somehow...
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps you could describe the sequence of events...?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bookmarks? Oh, I'm so glad I'm past the day where I needed to bookmark things.... any site I go to now, I type in from memory. Why? Because I've worked REALLY hard to "get a life" and now there are only like, oh, 4 sites I visit regulary. Praise the Lord for no longer being the uber-geek. Daylight is a wonderful thing [Wink]

Sorry Snay... I have to poke fun at you.... it's my job. [Razz]

~LOA

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theory: Somehow you started up the Firefox equivalent of the Mozilla Profile Manager which allowed you to create a completely new profile separate from the old one.

Thinking that everything was deleted you reimported everything into this new profile while your old profile is still sitting around.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mozilla once lost all of my bookmarks. I don't know why. The bookmarks file was still where it was supposed to be, but it had simply reverted back to its default. I never figured out why it happened.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mucus,

How would I find my old profile?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you could probably see the actual files in a Firefox equivalent to
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles

That said, if Firefox has an equivalent to the Profile Manager, you can probably freely switch between the two profiles there.

David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A question about bookmarks: I notice that with Firefox there are a lot more of those nice little pictures instead of the default "ball" next to each bookmark. Most of those little pictures load into my bookmarks when I visit the site for at least 10 seconds. However, there is at least one I can remember that refuses to do so. Since the pictures help me remember what I have visited each day and what I haven't, is there anyway to get that little glyph into my bookmarks manually? Thanks.
Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try deleting that bookmark, then creating the bookmark again, after you see the icon in the URL bar. (It's called a favicon, originally an IE feature, but extended and enhanced by Firefox... IE remembers the icon only for about a week after you bookmark the site. Google the term for more info.)
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've found that when you bookmark it, the default favicon appears. If you then use that bookmark, it'll pick up the site's own favicon. Mind you, the slightest bit of instability while using Firefox and it loses them all.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a known bug in either Firefox or the way favicons work in general.

ATM, the only link that has the wrong favicon in my list is Flare.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

We don't have a favicon, last I checked.
David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles: I tried deleting the bookmark and re-entering it, by Ctrl-D, manually, using the links toolbar, nothing works. Tried Googling the problem but nothing came up that seemed to work. Leaving the site on for a few minutes doesn't seem to work either. The site I'm trying to get is http://www.powerlineblog.com. Is there something else I might try?

PS: Charles: why ISN'T there a favicon for Flare? This place has way too much personality to use browers' defaults!

--------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

Charles Capps
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

Hmm, I'm not seeing a favicon for the site when I bookmark it either. How very odd.

We don't have a favicon here because I have no graphical talent at such a small image size.

David Sands
Member # 132

Thanks for checking, Charles. Very odd, indeed.

--------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps