Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Any forthcoming upgrades for Flare? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Any forthcoming upgrades for Flare?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not been back to SCN more than once or twice since the "upgrade".

It's an annoying format.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think it's annoying for posters? Stuff on the control panel that used to take one or two steps takes a lot more now, and I miss having all of the control functions for a thread being under the "admin" button (well, except stickifying for some reason). Now I have to load a popup--which is annoying if the board is (as usual) running slowly.

It occurs to me though that I should probably post these concerns at the feedback board. Now, if only I could remember where it was...

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only went there for JOAT anyway, really.

...though a whole lotta horrid designs were getting proposed when I left.
I did not want to always sound discouraging, so I decided to say nothing at all.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we get our control over the colors in our username and status line back?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think we've had the ability to color our usernames, Mim. But I think you can still do it with the status lines if you use the <font color=""></font> construct. Just don't overdue, you have a 100-or-so character limit for status lines (including the HTML). I think Hobbes is the only one around right now who's using color.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We still have to have a mod change our status line for us, right?
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, you can change your own status line. You just got to go into your profile, and there's a text box for the status line. However, I think there is a minimum number of posts you have to have before you can change it. I can't remember what that number is at the moment.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
750, which I'm far, FAR away despite being here for more than four years. [Wink]
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The colouring seems to not work anymore...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

You're right, Topher. Guess I'm guilty of spreading lies dressed up as the truth. I guess Charles ripped out the HTML functionality in the status lines some time back.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, like, can we get it back, I mean?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Maybe. When Charles decides that we won't abuse the privilege.

Yeah, it's a longshot.

missmanners
Member # 1523

- posted      Profile for missmanners     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
No, you can change your own status line. You just got to go into your profile, and there's a text box for the status line. However, I think there is a minimum number of posts you have to have before you can change it. I can't remember what that number is at the moment.

Is there someone I can ask nicely to change mine for me? Perhaps bribe?

[Wink]
mm

--------------------
To live is to war with trolls.~ Henrik Ibsen

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta get your 750 posts first. Have fun, and don't spam. [Wink]
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

He answers the newbie, but not me. Typical.

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps