Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Any forthcoming upgrades for Flare? (Page 8)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Any forthcoming upgrades for Flare?
missmanners
Member # 1523

- posted      Profile for missmanners     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles, do you believe shades of blue deter trolling or something? Will you sue me for anything if I have someone tinker a little with your banner... just to show you how attractive Red and Black could be, nothing else.

[Smile]
mm

--------------------
To live is to war with trolls.~ Henrik Ibsen

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue > red. *nod*

If you wanna take a shot at doing something red with the logo, be my guest...

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I like the color scheme used for Solareclipse. Blue's my favorite color, and I really like the dark shades used there.

Granted, they're probably too dark to be used here, but I like them all the same.

missmanners
Member # 1523

- posted      Profile for missmanners     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue is nice.... but so laid back. Wouldn't you like a little heat?

[Smile]
mm

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue says space & sci-fi to me. Red and black says goth and fantasy. So no, I wouldn't like to see it. Besides, you ever try to read a lot on a web page with a black background? When I do, I start seeing horizontal lines that really mess with my focus, and I have to go look at something else for a while (my only complaint about EAS, an otherwise excellent site).

B.J.

(I have other issues with red & black, but you wouldn't understand unless you went to Georgia Tech like me.)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't need red to get a "little heat". We have threads on the length of the Defiant, decks in the Sovereign-class starship, size of Deep Space Nine, the quality of Star Trek: Voyager, the canonicity of The Animated Series and works of Franz Joseph, the continuity of Star Trek: Enterprise, the rank of Lieutenant Junior Grade in Star Trek: The Motion Picture, the design of the NX-class, the number of weapons arrays on the Akira-class starship, and the best idea for series six and movie eleven to generate more than enough heat for this place. And that's in addition to the politics-baiting, grammatical nitpicking, spam flare-ups, and general 'tween season pissiness that usually occurs.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phht.
You want heat: go read the (novel length) threads on Creationism, the war in Iraq, or the disection of the Matrix movies.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

missmanners
Member # 1523

quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Besides, you ever try to read a lot on a web page with a black background?

well not really, the background would have to be gray. [Smile]

quote:
(I have other issues with red & black, but you wouldn't understand unless you went to Georgia Tech like me.)
oh.... a Yellowjacket! That wouldnt be NC State with the red and black would it?

[Smile]
mm

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by missmanners:
quote:
oh.... a Yellowjacket! That wouldnt be NC State with the red and black would it?

Got the first part right, but NC State is red and white (at least that's what I've seen, not sure about officially). Red and black would be U(sic)GA, our in-state arch rivals.

B.J.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red and black would also make us the board that beats up softies and the like. NATIONAL-RELATED-COMMENT-THAT-FOREIGN-TYPES-WON'T-GET!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I ever say it enough, but you English truely are a humo(u)rous folk.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One minor thing in an upgrade - can you make the interests line in the user profile longer?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you make it so that when you reply to a message, the last page of the current thread comes up beneath it (or better yet, the last post) rather than the first page, as that's a bit useless. (And yes, I know you could click to bring up the last page, but it's a minor inconvenience, damnit.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

quote:
Originally posted by Charles Capps:
The next major upgrade (to the next generation UBB product) will appear here in late March/early April... it should be stable enough by then, at least.

And it'll have the requested feature. [Smile]

So... what happened? [Razz]
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Well, the things called the Vogons came spouting off about some "express bypass" or something or another. They had a decided British accent, so I think it was just Liam wearing his frilly britches and taunting us Yanks again.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps