Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » She said yes. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: She said yes.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Oh... and as an added touch of wicked coolness... I'm going to burn copies of the wedding's "soundtrack" with a cover that matches the poster and have them available for select reception attendees.

Sountrack to Aban's wedding performed by Static X.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the first dance is to anything by Robbie Williams, I will hunt Mr. & Mrs. Rune down.

Of course, we couldn't decide on what to have so we had two - Captain & Tenille "Do That To Me One More Time" and Carly Simon "Nobody Does It Better" so I guess I'm hardly one to talk. Not that it's my fault, I wanted the Wannadies' "You and Me Song."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the "title" of the wedding (if she lets me do the movie poster idea) will be "A Far Green Country", completely ripping off Lord of the Rings, and the first dance will be to "Into the West" by Annie Lennox from the closing credits of RotK.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awkward pause as everyone tries to remember how ANY of the LotR songs went, let alone which was which or who did one apart from Enya or Annie. . .

EDIT: Emiliana Torrini, or "we couldn't afford Charlotte Church, and they accused us of Kiwi nepotism when we tried to get Hayley Westenra," did The Two Towers. Gollum's Song. Go on, Alan, get married to "Gollum's Song." You can tell everyone it's "Into The West" and no-one will be able to tell the difference. 8)

Did I mention I hated the score for the LotR films? And the need to tack on a trio of allegedly airplay-garnering singles, not that I ever heard one played anywhere? "May It Be," my ass!

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May It Be never did anything for me. Gollum's song was better. Into the West was really nice.

I also like the gelding they have singing during The Two Towers when the Ents march on Isengard. I think it's the same boy who's singing when the moth comes to tell Gandalf the eagle is coming as well as other places, such as after Gandalf falls at Kazadoom.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Into the West, I dunno, seems a little down, say, to be a wedding song.

Unless like I do, you enjoy dancing to songs about the death of the elderly.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, "Papa Don't Preach" was our first wedding dance, but that was because it fit an entirely different set of circumstances, besides being a chart topper the week of my proposal.
Lee
Member # 393

Having a castrato sing at one's wedding would be a little to symbolic for my liking. . .

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

It's funny to watch the behind the scenes stuff on the extended edition disks... this little kid is singing these really high notes, and you just know that any day now, either his voice is going to crack and he'll be history, or someone's going to take him to the vet.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Intruder1701
Member # 880

- posted      Profile for Intruder1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I get married the traditional "here comes the bride" will be replaced by the Imperial March

--------------------
"Who cares if we bomb a few hospitals, it just means we got them a second time" Warrant Officer Robert Clift, CVN-71 OEF

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've done that joke too. So I'm now worried that it's horrendously overused. Tsk.

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Of course, we couldn't decide on what to have so we had two - Captain & Tenille "Do That To Me One More Time" and Carly Simon "Nobody Does It Better" so I guess I'm hardly one to talk. Not that it's my fault, I wanted the Wannadies' "You and Me Song."

I like "You and Me Song". It's a little bit Cheesy Night Out but not too much. And of course, "Nobody Does It Better" is the song that's getting played over the highlights of whichever of my friend's die first. With comically misplaced images.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Awkward pause as everyone tries to remember how ANY of the LotR songs went, let alone which was which or who did one apart from Enya or Annie. . .

EDIT: Emiliana Torrini, or "we couldn't afford Charlotte Church, and they accused us of Kiwi nepotism when we tried to get Hayley Westenra," did The Two Towers. Gollum's Song. Go on, Alan, get married to "Gollum's Song." You can tell everyone it's "Into The West" and no-one will be able to tell the difference. 8)

Did I mention I hated the score for the LotR films? And the need to tack on a trio of allegedly airplay-garnering singles, not that I ever heard one played anywhere? "May It Be," my ass!

I'm SO going to disagree with EVERYTHING you said Lee.

Those songs, "May It Be" (which actually got some radio airplay and much, much more video 'airplay') fitted the ending of the first film beautifully.

Gollum's song was NOT going to be originally sung by Charlotte Church - blah - I asked Howard Shore personally when I met him and he confirmed the rumours that they wanted Bj�rk to sing - but she was heavily pregenant with her second child at the time. Emiliana still did a wonderful job.

And for Into the West it actually uses themes that are heard throughout the soundtrack - mostly when Gandalf talks to Pippin about dying. I've never seen a video for the second two songs.

Into the West is beautful, but Enya was robbed for Best Song at the 2002 Academy Awards.

And... DON'T diss the soundtracks to the films -- they are BRILLIANT. Infact they are better than the original Star Wars Trilogy - the THEMES from the Original Trilogy - Vader's theme, Title theme, Leia's theme maybe brilliant and pop-culture classics - but overall the soundtracks are quite dull. The lastest trilogy - just crap (well not too bad but John Williams just seems to sound the same now - except for probably Prisoner of Azkaban (which may have been Alfonsu Curon's influence) and the soundtrack to A.I. Which is MOSTLY unique and beautiful - for him - but there are some very Williamsesque moments.

In summary don't diss the Lord of the Rings scores! [Smile]

Andrew

Lee
Member # 393

Or, er, what? You'll set Glenn McGrath on me?

No, Andrew, you're Australian and therefore inherently have no taste. And I was joking about Charlotte Church, my point was ol' Tortellini isn't as well-known as Enya or Lennox. But you've inadvertently revealed one of the more hilarious things I've ever heard, that exposure to Bjork's singing can harm the unborn child.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Since the "You and Me Song" wasn't really suitable as a first-dance song, I lobbied to have it as our processional (or whatever it's called, the music that plays as the ceremony concluded). Unfortunately one of my friends at the weding had already used our other choice, "All You Need Is Love." So in the end we just went with Handel's "Arrival of the Queen of Sheba."

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Or, er, what? You'll set Glenn McGrath on me?

No, Andrew, you're Australian and therefore inherently have no taste. And I was joking about Charlotte Church, my point was ol' Tortellini isn't as well-known as Enya or Lennox. But you've inadvertently revealed one of the more hilarious things I've ever heard, that exposure to Bjork's singing can harm the unborn child.

We aren't ALL obsessed with cricket, Lee - but that being said - you win by TWO runs and you think you're the top of the cricketing world! LOL! [Smile]

And DON'T diss Bj�rk.

And TASTE? From the country that put a RINGTONE of that friggin' frog to the top of their charts!?! [Smile]

(I now hope that that hasn't occured in Australia) [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps