Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » She said yes. (Page 8)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: She said yes.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was being snitty. Obviously the rule about having to get married in a church can't come from any scrptural precedent because there were no churches at any time during which the Bible books were being written. Certainly no Catholic churches.

The only wedding I can recall offhand in the Christian Greek scriptures is the one Jesus attended where he turned water into wine, but everyone there would have been observing Jewish customs. Jesus uses a wedding and the events afterwards in one of his illustrations, but again, it would have been a Jewish wedding.

I'd have to look into it further, but I don't recall any specifically Christian guidelines for wedding ceremonies in the Bible record. Other than that they should be free of the things forbidden elsewhere, such as drunken bouts, revelries, etc.

Anyway...

I always thought an outdoor wedding would be neat, but in October, that's pretty unlikely.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that all depends where. Lately October has been fairly nice around these parts.

Also, the whole no-Catholic weddings outside a church rule isn't exactly binding. Some priests will perform a wedding outdoors.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might be OK here in Michigan... but it'd be kind of risky. It could either be freezing or raining. Or it could be perfectly loverly. We're planning the pictures before the ceremony, though, and we'll be taking them outdoors on the shore of a local river with the fall colors in the background. Assuming good weather of course.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if the weather sucks, there's always Photoshop...and lots of therapy.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

And everyone just shivers their way through the ceremony. That'd be funny. "I-i-i-i D-d-d-o-o-o-o..."

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funnier if your lips stuck together from the cold.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In which case you can make a video, submit it to America's Funniest Wedding-Night Videos, and recoup the cost of the wedding. . . Er, wait, did you mean the lips on your face?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And while on the subject of wedding nights, there are ways to take the edge off any nervousness you may feel:

http://www.sexinchrist.com/

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I doubt it would be a good idea for me to visit any site with the word "sex" in the URL while at work...

But, I feel no nervousness about the wedding night. We're gonna have a good ole time.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, on the other hand, have discovered the source of my nervousness: A YOUNG CAREY ELWES, I think.

At least in this one with this Star Wars Lady Who Probably Shouldn't Be Famous.

Weird, dude.

Aha! The Bard!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Er...a google image search turned up all sorts of crap.
Is that the guy from Men in Tights?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
Member # 393

I was thinking along the lines of a Princess Bride reference, but I don't understand the Star Wars connection.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only two "ladies" from Star Wars are even remotely "famous", and that's by the weakest definition of the word ever, but neither of them has been in any movie with Cary Elwes (and this I say with supreme confidence after wasting thirty perfectly good minutes of my life scouring IMDB). I hereby declare UM to be a lying bitch.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All y'alls can think what y'all will.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thirty minutes? Why didn't you use this?
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps