Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » She said yes. (Page 7)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: She said yes.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That truly is the expression of a man who can't believe his luck. But she looks happy too, so maybe it's a match made in Sto-vo-kor.

No, not Sha Ka Ree. Because that film never happened.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they're the most recent winners of "Average Joe."

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or she has the IQ of a retarded turnip.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That wedding picture would be a great CapCom.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
LOL the Borg Drone... is he trying to assimilate the bride for himself!?! [Smile]

We will add your perfection to our own!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye he's a Viacom exec with a thick....paycheck.

Or they're both models paid to pose for that photo in hopes of real people ruining a milestone in their lives by having it Trek themed.

..still, I suppose it's a lot less creepy than a catholic wedding (with communion and prayer and all that odd "body of Christ" stuff cock-blocking for hurs on end).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye he's a Viacom exec with a thick....paycheck.

Or they're both models paid to pose for that photo in hopes of real people ruining a milestone in their lives by having it Trek themed.

..still, I suppose it's a lot less creepy than a catholic wedding (with communion and prayer and all that odd "body of Christ" stuff cock-blocking for hours on end).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My cousin recently had a Catholic wedding, and apparently the Mass part of it is optional, since they didn't do that part. For my own wedding, my wife was Church of Christ, so we compromised and had a Baptist wedding (with the Catholic Church's blessing). Even though both of us would be open to the idea of a Star Trek wedding, one of the few restrictions the Cathlic Church put on ours was that it had to be in an actual church, which also meant no outdoor weddings.

B.J.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because weddings in biblical times were all held in churches. Am I right?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That depends on your definition of "wedding" and "church." This exceedingly brief essay suggests that ancient Israelite weddings didn't have a specific religious rite attached to them at all, but then what is meant by "biblical times?"

Medieval and Renaissance Marriage: Theory and Customs, if anyone is interested in slightly more modern practices.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Of course, today you can have a Justice of the Peace, Judge, Notary or even ship's captain preside over the ceremony whereas back then there was the whole religion declares "woman am now property" aspect that us enlightened types usually shun.

Except in the harem I'm planning, of course.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sure is a long list of people you're not allowed to undress...
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Of course, we'd all be poking around the place pointing out all the errors.

B.J.

... I believe it's horrid of myself to see that and have the first thing pop into my mind be "Hey, the lighting is wrong. And those consoles shouldn't be blue..."
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"even ship's captain"

Apparently not.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, there goes my Love Boat punchline.

Killjoy.

..though if the captain were a notary...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps