Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Relationships revisited... (Page 5)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Relationships revisited...
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's me.

What's everyone up to these days?

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't speak for myself, but everyone's all married and shit and so instead of asking mind-bendingly detailed questions about Trekkian physics, everyone is posting about how beautiful their daughters/weddings are and asking about mortgages and/or diaper service. Severally, some are coming to the realization that we are no longer invulnerable super-heroes with compleat and total grasp on reality/global politics. Also everyone who matters thinks the new Battlestar is the cats pyjamas.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Frank!

Funny - I just asked where you had gotten to a week or so ago.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm, strange that I have not. You sure your feelings are clear?
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then I guess I do not matter, for I do not think nuBSG is the cat's pajamas. Nor do I think it the cat's ass, the bee's knees, or the Venus de Milo's nipples. It's a neat show and I like it, but I prefer the original, plus extensions.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but you have a cute girlfriend, so you were a fringe element to begin with. Plus Frank has already vanished again to the winds of time. I fear Lee's ever-mounting cynicism holds sway.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, Lee's neat. Im building phasers for him (or at least, will resume doing so once all my crap is unpacked). I have faith in Frank's ability to return to light our darkest hour and stuff. *looks speculatively at Balaam* I guess we just need to get you a good woman, sonny... [Wink] When you gonna be up here in Seattle again?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Aw, Lee's neat. Im building phasers for him (or at least, will resume doing so once all my crap is unpacked).

I am? And, er, you are? Since when? Did I miss a memo?

(actually, that reminds me, I have a resin phaser I've been meaning to get rid of but haven't gotten around to sticking on eBay yet; maybe I'll offer it as a prize in a CapCom or something)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

You remember from a couple years ago? Researching the various repros of the "Assault phasers" from Star Trek V and VI? As well as what the original props were mde out of? Hunting down those AirSoft Berettas? You asking if I'd be willing to make one for you if I find all the materials, and me saying sure? I think it started over at the RPF...

--Jonah

P.S. And es, you are. So there, too.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
I have faith in Frank's ability to return to light our darkest hour and stuff. --Jonah

Hmmm...does he have the Matrix now?!?
I cant tell you how disapointed I am when I open up someone's chest and it's just not there....

Got Frank's address?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird. You sure it was me (on the phasers thing, not the neatness thing, I know that was/is me)?

Right now my website is in hiatus. I haven't done any updates in six months and don't feel inspired to do any. I've recently entered into a new hosting contract so there's the chance I may come back to it. . . I'd certainly like to see what you have in mind (email/PM me if you like): the thing is, these days there are so many recasts of Assault Phaser props out there, I've had many opportunities to pick one up but the price has never been quite right.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

Um... *rummages through old e-mails* Crap. Sorry. You're not going insane -- I am. I was collapsing no less than three seprate correspondances into one. [Razz] I actually only chatted with you briefly about the sniper rifle mods, and ended by offering to toss anything more I might find your way. The construction thing was with someone else. And the materials acquisition was yet another person. *sigh* Guess my brain still isn't all back yet. But I still think you're neat.

Jason -- there's a new Matrix light-up toy/prop thing that ought to fit neatly into a person's rib cage, provided all that annoying squishy stuff is shoved out of the way. But I don't know for sure that Frank has the Matrix. He may have left it in someone else's keeping like Prime did when he left Cybertron on the Ark...

--Jonah

--------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the Matrix in my closet somewhere. I'll look for it tomorrow.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

I think Jason might be disappointed that he won't get to crack your chest open to look for it, though...

--Jonah

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps