Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 11)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Citing federal privacy law, MySpace.com said Tuesday it won't comply with a request by attorneys general from eight states to hand over the names of registered sex offenders who use the social networking Web site.

Good for them! As much as I like Dick Blumenthal, he's been going seriosuly overboard lately. Also, I see PA is listed in that letter as well. What disheartens me the most is this:

In December, MySpace announced it was partnering with Sentinel Tech Holding Corp. to build a database with information on sex offenders in the United States.

Software to identify and remove sex offenders from the site has been used for 12 days, and MySpace has "removed every registered sex offender that we identified out of our more than 175 million profiles," Nigam said.

That means if I had a MySpace, they'd be deleting it. for no other reason. Discriminatory much?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try to get 80 to 90% of people to agree sex offenders shouldn't be chained in their basements for no other reason.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"(I almost want to do the "Berries & Cream" dance)."

What's up with that commercial, anyway? Are they making a reference to something I don't know? Or was it just a mash-up of random weirdness?

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man Mugged By Flock Of Geese

A student told Monday how he lost his mobile phone after being "mugged" by an angry flock of geese.

Sam Rozati, 23, was attacked by four birds as he walked past their nest. They pecked so hard he dropped his phone. Then one bird grabbed the mobile and disappeared into the undergrowth in Colchester, Essex, England.

Final-year law student Sam said: "They flew over and started biting my hand until I dropped the phone. I had to move away for my safety."

His attempts to find his phone have failed - as it is set on silent. He said: "I'd never been mugged by anyone before, but now I've been mugged by geese.

"I go the long way round to go home now."

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who the fuck knew there was a fucking BURRITO TUNNEL running from Alameda to Weehawken?!?

EDIT: Fuck. It's fake.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Shik
Member # 343

Liberty U student plotted to set off explosives, police say

A first-year Liberty University student was arrested in what police said was a plot to detonate explosive devices Tuesday, the day of the Rev. Jerry Falwell's funeral.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Female Shark Reproduces Without Sex

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the Second Coming!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there was any "coming" involved! [Wink]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neither was there any "Coming" the first time!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you ever find yourself between a tiger and a large body of water, don't count on the large body of water as an escape route!

-

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was in St. Louis, the zoo had an Amur Tiger and her two cubs. In the summer, you would frequently see them playing or just wading in the pond in their enclosure.
Shik
Member # 343

Don Herbert, who explained the wonderful world of science to millions of young baby boomers on television in the 1950s and '60s as "Mr. Wizard" and did the same for another generation of youngsters on the Nickelodeon cable TV channel in the 1980s, died Tuesday. He was 89.

--------------------

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigers love the water. They're the only cats that don't. I remember when I went to the zoo when I was little, this girl was standing up close to the bars chucking rocks at a tiger...so the tiger turned around and pissed all over her.

Nothing to do with swimming, just a fond memory. The only thing I can remember clearly from being 7.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/AsiaTrail/FishingCats/factsheet.cfm
  This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps