Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 37)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's like the guy that shot the wheel on his car cause it wouldn't come off... Rednecks + guns = baaaaad

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but still, $11k in fines? He has a point, it *was* his lawnmower. I mean I know there are don't-shoot-in-the-city laws and he had an illegal type of weapon, but really, that seems excessive seeing as no one was hurt and the only property damaged was his own.
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose this falls under the same laws like a prohibition of sex toy's (except for medical purposes) in a certain town or how you can't shoot a rabbit from a moving trolley in San Francisco.

Food for thought.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you know that it is a written law in New York State that the penalty for jumping off of a building is death? It is a law seldom enforced though...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you know that that doesn't even sound slightly plausible?
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't sound plausible!

The lack of relevance doesn't make sense to me either.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never mind...

I believe it stems from some 18th century gentlemen's law, but now, jumping off of a building normally already means death. Kinda like how you can't shoot a rabbit from a trolley in San Francisco. Do they even have many rabbits there?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have many rabbits everywhere, really, don't they?
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Ohio inmate claiming he's TOO FAT to be executed.

This is why I hate appeals courts. A fucking rapist can draw out his life by claiming stupid shit like this. Can the judge dismiss it as frivolous or no?

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda related, but anyway.....

I really despise keeping people on death row for so many years. If someone has committed a crime so heinous that they are given a death sentence, get it over with already! Don't even keep them overnight, just march them right over to the chair. I really don't know how the lawyers managed to muck things up so much over the years.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeesh, he's not that much heaver than me. Hardly too fat. Now if he was 350+, maybe...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Kinda related, but anyway.....

I really despise keeping people on death row for so many years. If someone has committed a crime so heinous that they are given a death sentence, get it over with already! Don't even keep them overnight, just march them right over to the chair. I really don't know how the lawyers managed to muck things up so much over the years.

Yes, fuck appeals.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I think appeal courts should give appeals...quickly. Force that right to a speedy trial [Razz] And a judge should be able to review appeals before they go to trial and dismiss fucking silly ones like this.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think people on trial for murder should be tried while sitting in the electric chair.
Now that's speedy.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And then, if it turns out later that the person was innocent, we summarily execute the judge, jury, prosecutors, and executioners, right?
  This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps