Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 36)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, now its a plutoid.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it's both. Plutoid is a sub-category of dwarf planet.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this was rather odd, so I decided to post it. Mother gives birth to twins except one is white like the father and the other is dark like the mother.

I wonder which one will turn out to be a mama's boy.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Intruiging.

quote:
"None of us could believe it," the maternity ward's head doctor, Birgit Weber, told one news source. "Both kids have definitely the same father."

As if there was any doubt? She would have to sleep with two men virtually back to back.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently a threesome is a foreign concept to our young padawan.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't even need to be that. Like there aren't people who sleep with two different people within the same week? Especially if one is their spouse, and the other... isn't.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's kind of what I was going at, though wouldn't the sex have to occur with in a relatively short space of time? Once the daddy's sperm fertilizes the egg, doesn't it like seal it self off? In order for the two sets of sperm to get the same egg ( twins come from the same egg that separated during the initial cell division, right,or is that just identical twins?),they would have to enter the body around the same time in order for both sets to make it to the egg. Right? Or have I totally screwed up my favorite unit in Biology?

And, I know what a threesome is. Unfortunately...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sean, that's just identical twins. Fraternal twins come from two different eggs. Genetically, they're the same as any other naturally born siblings; the only difference is their sharing of wombspace.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I figured I got my facts wrong...Well, still, once the body realizes that the egg is fertilized, doesn't it take measures to prevent another fertilization ( unless it happens at the same time, a la fraternal twins), like stopping ovulation, and like putting mucus blocks in the fallopian tubes, or something like that. As I am not a female, I have relatively little knowlege on how the whole shabang works.

Not that this whole train of thought really matters, as the twins have the same mother and father.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This DOES happen at times.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:

And, I know what a threesome is. Unfortunately...

Ah, you've had the bad threesome.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy fuck, its Liam!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Return of the Liam!
There should be a prophecy or something....
quote:
"Liam will come to the forum, carrying a chalice overflowing with sweet, spring wine."
Something like that there.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Would this motivate you to operate properly?

--------------------

-George Carlin

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's a Liam?

oh. Wait. Why did the redneck shot his lawnmower?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps