Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 38)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhh yes.
Imagine how much more interactive and attentive juries would be if it were their asses on the line as well as the defendant's?

I'd have the jury box rigged up for electrocution as well....

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swiss sausage saved.

And saddly, another great comedian has passed away. R.I.P. Bernie...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't really enjoy Mac's comedy. Scratch that, I didn't like it at all. But it's sad when anybody dies that young.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because you're weird.

Isaac Hayes is down, too, less than 24 hours after Mac. They filmed a movie together for release next year. Sam Jackson is in it, too. I'm waiting to see if he's dead tomorrow.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shrug* I could demonstrate the quality of his comedy which I didn't like, but I don't know the word for the quality.

There's a thread about Hayes, over at "Another Jaffa goes to seek Kheb."

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
*shrug* I could demonstrate the quality of his comedy which I didn't like, but I don't know the word for the quality.

I think a lot of his comedy revolved around his rather hard childhood, so to really understand it, you either had to be there, or be in/have been in a similar impoverished situation. I haven't seen much of his work either, but, yeah, it's sad. And so soon after George Carlin too.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

It was more his delivery and acting style than his actual material as a stand-up comic, none of which I've seen.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I bet he's still pulling lettuce out of his ass.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I work with a couple of people who would be that dumb, except that every minute inch of the McDonald's where I work is covered with web-enabled security cameras and the district manager likes to watch the feeds from home. When he's not sitting in his truck in the parking lot with a pair of binoculars that is.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Well, atleast he seems interested in keeping the restaraunt clean.

Probably a load of crap, but someone found a Bigfoot.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Imagine that people that run a company called "Bigfoot expeditions" were the ones to find a dead Bigfoot!
Not a park ranger or local hunter...
Afterwards they probably won the Powerball Lottery, as long as they're able to work extremely implausable odds. [Wink]

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Well, I'll have to catch the press conference and find out.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

There's a bet about this at Longbets.org somewhere, that Bigfoot would be found before some-odd year. Based on...no logic, just the guy wants it to be true I think [Razz]
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Just use a dictionary folks...

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Engineering professors already seem to not give a crap how students spell things [Razz]
  This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps