Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 40)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No amount of clinching of my fingers could produce a fist tight enough for me to punch the imbecile 27-year-old who said the kids playing was "sick". And this come on the heals of a commercial I saw today for another "Guitar Hero" piece of shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ-jtPJ9CwM

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a gaming addiction. Damn parents should have done something about it. First though, they need to grow a fucking back bone. Letting your kid drop out of school because he complained about it...if everyone did that, my school would have 15 students. I'm sure that CPS will have something to say about this. Whether he likes it or not, the kid needs to at least be given the opportunity to get a good education, whether her chooses to ignore all that education or not is his own damn choice.

Oh, and appearantly they can knight penguins in Norway

[ August 17, 2008, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Sean ]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
16 year olds used to be able to drop out of school without parental consent in Illinois, but now it's 17. Either way I assume the "allow" bit is more about his parents not kicking him out for doing it.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um..just take the fucking game syatem away.
No way this loser has ever held a job- or could hold one- to buy a replacment.

Still, when I think of all the ...er...."unlawful"... stuff I did at age sixteen, this is not so bad.
Dumb, but not so bad.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I don't know about you guys but I'm just in awe that Fred Phelps took his eighth swimming gold medal in the 2008 summer olympics!
They must have wicked afternoon pool activities at westboro church.

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eh...I can't enjoy watching people swim, race, throw things, and ski nearly as much as everyone else seems to.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of our locals, Jenn Stuczynski, won a silver medal for pole vaulting. We also have a local in the US rowing team, and I believe he took bronze for some event.

speaking of medals, I wonder where they're made? It would be ironic if they were made in China. Probably 90% lead...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I heard, gold medals are actually gold-plated silver, and have been for a long time.

They are probably created under some kind of strict IOC ruling. I have never even seen an olympic medal upclose... is there a uniform design or can host countries put design on them?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Each Olympics has a unique medal design, designed by the host city (& I assume approved by the IOC). There was a bit of controversy over one Winter Olympics medal design a few years ago. It had more glass/plastic/somesortofclearstuff in the design than gold/silver/bronze, and many people felt the athletes got cheated.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

I think that's a bit silly; it's not like they're going to melt them down and make rings or something. I mean surely the point is that it's an Olympic Gold Medal, not that it's a medal made of gold?

Speaking of 90% lead, Sean, there was a satire article (might even have been Onion News) I read recently talking about how the medals were found to be 99% lead and athletes were warned not to lick them [Razz]

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Which would be a good precaution to take, if the athletes were under three years old.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warning to Phelps: dont swim with your medals on.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Sean: Or if the article were satirical in some way... [Wink]
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

D.I.Y. Surgery

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

*sigh* Cokeheads.
  This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps