Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The Fort Pillow Massacre ... and other Civil War debates (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The Fort Pillow Massacre ... and other Civil War debates
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Book of Mormon.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You added a second "m" by mistake.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that book's some fun stuff. The story about The Brother of Jarod is almost Pythonesque.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yet, people believe in it as faithfully as you believe in the Bible. A telling comparison, I'd say.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Group pressure and carefully directed paranoia can make people rationalize anything, destroy their own innermost convictions, especially the truthseekers, desperate to find something to believe in. Just look at the scientologists.

Though I must say, for a christian you've come a long way in your rationalizations lately, O.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yet, people believe in it as faithfully as you believe in the Bible. A telling comparison, I'd say.

There are a lot of belief systems that are total ripoffs of Christianity and the Bible. Just because some, many, or most systems of some certain type are absurd doesn't mean they all are. Analyze each one before you draw conclusions.

Though I must say, for a christian you've come a long way in your rationalizations lately, O.

I'm not quite sure how to take that. [Smile] But for what it's worth, this is all me, I've never even heard another Christian discuss this issue.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There are a lot of belief systems that are total ripoffs of Christianity and the Bible. Just because some, many, or most systems of some certain type are absurd doesn't mean they all are. Analyze each one before you draw conclusions.

It's a copyright minefield, this religion, isn't it? [Smile]
And I happen to agree with you about Moronism [Big Grin] . He just happened to find these gold plates which no one else ever saw and which haven't been seen since.. yeah, right. Also they baptised Hitler, which does tend to undermine any religion's credibility. Especially as they did it after he died.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps