Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Computers Racially Insensitive? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Computers Racially Insensitive?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/11/26/master.term.reut/index.html

I just fell over laughing reading this....

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The next time I assemble a PC, I'll make sure to assign a black drive as master and a white one as slave. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really tempted not to believe this. The bloke saw a load of devices marked "master" and "slave"? Buh? Since when has anyone specified whether they want a master or slave drive when buying a hard disk?

Even if we're talking about pre-assembled computers, the number of them with two hard drives must surely be less than 1%.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well every drive has the labels on them - for pin-location.. but still !!!

This is rediculous...

So the color black will no longer be black - it will be SHADE or the Color Dark-Absense-of-light!

The shade of white will not be white anymore - it will be the color BRIGHT or Opposite-of-the-dark-absense-of-light !!

The color yellow won't be yellow anymore - because we don't wanna insult the asian community - so it will become the color Green-minus-blue!

C'MON PEOPLE WAKE UP!!! *shakes head*

When are people gonna stop equating everything to slavery -- In the industry - the drives are label correctly -- one is a master drive - which a motherboard sees and uses first as a system drive - the other is a slave - and by it's very definitions - these labels are correct... LIVE WITH IT ALREADY!!!! It has NOTHING TO DO WITH GODDAMNED SLAVERY IN THE 30'S 40'S AND 50'S AND 60'S FOR CRIPES SAKES... quit turning it into a some fricken political nonsense...

*fans self* ok.. i'm ok .. phew.. that's my vent...

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And did anyone notice that the place where you plug the slave in is at the back of the bus?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's this very kind of thing that made start filling in the "race" field on applcations and whatnot with the term "European American".

Never been to Europe. Have no idea when my ancestors came over. But I'll be damned if I'm not going to make a stink for being called white.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
I'm really tempted not to believe this. The bloke saw a load of devices marked "master" and "slave"? Buh? Since when has anyone specified whether they want a master or slave drive when buying a hard disk?

Even if we're talking about pre-assembled computers, the number of them with two hard drives must surely be less than 1%.

Well.
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/master.asp

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are no words to describe the sheer stupidity of this. Don't you have better ways to spend your lives?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, as equals with EQUAL hardware rights! Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley
of drive segregation to the sunlit path of interfacial justice! B)

--------------------

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a prat is all I can say to that.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I can almost see why the US still has death penalty....

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Cartman
Member # 256

NOW IS THE TIME!!

Sorry. Caught up in this King role a bit. B)

--------------------

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a load of crap. This is pandering to the lowest of the low. I cannot belive that they caved in on this!

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. [Mad]

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mucus: Tsk. I really should have checked there first, shouldn't I?

Still, er, aren't we all getting just a teensy weensy worked up over this? Does it really affect you one way or the other?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it begs the question: What's next PsyLiam..? at what point are people gonna stop crying foul because Crayola puts the word "Black" on one of its crayons ...

A woman here at work suggested I was being racist because I saw a jar of hot-pepper-sauce on the kitchen counter here at work - and it had chinese writing on it. I asked her what it said - and that the very suggestion that i THOUGHT that she could read it was racist..... That just cuz she looks asian - doesn't mean she knows how to read ALL of the asian languages... And how do i know she can read it? Maybe she couldn't.. and if she couldn't - then it could be viewed as racist!
I asked.. Can you read it?? and she said yes... and i said... well then - how am I a racist.. Just tell me if you can or can't.. and if you can't.. then fine !!!!

But do you see? - where does it stop?

[ December 04, 2003, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Alshrim Dax ]

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps