Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » PETA is insane. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: PETA is insane.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
Check out the new campaign PETA is planning to use to "get their message across" to kids.

Re: the "cartoon" - since when does "Mommy" have access to a Rambo-style knife?

I wonder if the Klingon Empire has a PETA? [Smile]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee: No it wasn't that one, though they operate on about the same level.

No, the thing is, this UFF-org has collected clothes from people, who thought they donated to a better cuase, for 20-30 years.
Now we find out that they've abused the contract of tax-reduction for support/aid to third world countries kind of like the scientologists managed to get off taxes due to convincing the government they were a "religion".
The swedish gov. agency SIDA (Swedish International Development/Cooperation Agency) has stricken them from all their accords and our IRS has charged them with tax fraud and other sundry eco-crimes.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
South Florida has a simmular scam: large bins for "clothes donations" are in many vacant lots.
Turns out, the owners of those collection bins sells the stuff to thrift and second hand stores.
Prick.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A meal without meat is like, well, nothing I want to be involved in....

I do know a girl that doesn't eat meat, she got some bad beef one time, just as the mad cow/angry bull thing started getting big, and she never did like chicken or fish, piggy products scare her with the pigs liking mud to cool off with, and fish in this area are a do not eat item, that nice coal electric plant in town not having any affect on the lake it is next to....

And she has a nice leather jacket too....

Sport hunting is not really a sport, and should be banned. Although I could use a nice fox hat, or pair of gloves....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That girl obviously needs to be slapped in the face.

quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
I have no obligation to respect a stupid opinion.

And now you know how we all feel whenever you open your mouth, Rob.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ZING!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...piggy products scare her with the pigs liking mud to cool off with..."

Um... Hopefully she realizes that there's skin between the mud and the meat? I mean, when you buy ham in the store, it doesn't have mud in it. Does she think her own muscles are filled with all the dirt that's ever gotten on her body?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, don't even start. We've all met people like this. People who hold irrational opinions that you just can't change, no matter what. They are always mentals or women. Just smack them about the face and move on.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Oh, don't even start. We've all met people like this. People who hold irrational opinions that you just can't change, no matter what. They are always mentals or women. Just smack them about the face and move on.

--------------------

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's one thing I just have to make clear here, something that has been forgotten by many people for way too long (not necessarily you people).

Meat is one of the most healthy, vitamin-packed, all-around vitalizing and healthy products on the planet.
Two scientists (I read this in the leading swedish science magazine "Illustrerad Vetenskap" in 2002) tried living on just meat for a whole year. No veggies, no fruits, berries, milk or eggs.
Just different kinds of meat. They turned out very healthy. No scurvey, no vitamin-loss, no hormone anomalies or increased aggressiveness.

Don't condemn the meat itself as unhealthy, it's the white bread buns, the sauce and the french fries that makes McDonalds/Burger King customers fat, NOT the meat.
Change the meat handling process into a humane, proportional (using everything you get instead of throwing good meat away) industry. Don't take away 10000-year old instincts.

I went to a Mongolian Barbecue house for dinner tonight, prior to watching ROTK.
The barbecue buffet let me put as much meat (all 7 kinds) as I wanted, along with noodles, vegetables and sauces, on a plate, then the cook took the plate and threw it all on the stove.
I haven't been this meat-satisfied in years, there's no way I could part with this experience for the future.

If I ever get to New York, and have the money for it, you can bet I'll be visiting the Peter Luger Steakhouse. I hear it's good.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's the white bread buns, the sauce and the french fries that makes McDonalds/Burger King customers fat, NOT the meat.

Well, that and the fat. The meat on those burgers is not representative of meat any sane person would eat seperately.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Nim
Member # 205

Omega: You're probably right.

As for the whole sport hunt thing, every fish I've ever caught I've prepared and eaten (mainly pike, bass and the oh so rare swedish pike-perch).
I've never used nets or dynamite.
With the gear I'm using, the fish has about a 40% chance of winning over me, if it bites through the fishing line, spits out the lure or manages to convince me it's too small to keep.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Don't condemn the meat itself as unhealthy, it's the white bread buns, the sauce and the french fries that makes McDonalds/Burger King customers fat, NOT the meat.

I dunno. I'd say it's more the fact that they eat huge portions, eat it day in and day out, and never do any excercise. Those are far more responsible for obesity than an occasional Big Mac.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, ever since I read Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser, I try to avoid McDonalds.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not entirely convinced that there's any meat in any of McDonalds' burgers, but I still wouldn't eat there.

From a health point of view the main problem with meat is the processed stuff like sausages, burgers, kebabs and what ever they really put in steak and kindey pies. Most of it is slaughter house waste material like bone fragments, skin, body fat and (I think) some of the less than desireable internal organs.
Eating literally junk like that and as Liam says, a severe lack of exercise is what has made 1/3 of the US overweight and half of them clinically obese. With the UK population hot on their heels.
There's also the danger of less than hygeneic farming practices, especially with storing slaughtered chickens.
Then of course you have the possibility of having meat infected with nasty things like BSE, which comes from feeding livestock things that they shouldn't be fed. In the case of mad cow disease I think it was down to feeding the cattle ground up body parts from scabies (or was it scrapies?) infected sheep.
Then you have farmers wanting to inject cattle with growth hormones and the possibility of GM livestock...that can't be good.

It's things like this that contributed (although not the sole reason, as I previously stated) to my becomming vegetarian. Basically I simply don't trust the mass meat market.
I have no problem with anyone else eating meat, I think it should be a matter of personal choise since we are omnivores afterall and if you manage to catch a fish yourself and eat it, good for you, tuck in!
However fishing for sport, while not quite as bad as fox/dear hunting is a little bit cruel in the hook department but I suppose that's just down to practicality.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps