Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » PETA is insane. (Page 8)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: PETA is insane.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was under the impression that actual influenza is a bacterium.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then those flu jabs are going to be a big con, aren't they?

Er, it is viruses you can immunise against, isn't it, and not bacertia?

(Anyway, this just relates to the pet peeve of mine that "having a cold" is considered nothing in today's society, for some reason. So people always bump it up to flu or higher, even though flu actually has fairly serious symptoms and is quite debilitating.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure only viri are immunized against. Bacteria are treated with antibodies.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Antibiotics, surely? I mean, you produce antibodies yourself, so you aren't really treated with them, as such.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... I thought they were two different words for the same thing. It seems not.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

*sings*

"Tim is an idiot, Tim is an idiot"

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fever of 100�F (37.8�C) to 104�F (40�C), which can reach 106�F (41.1�C) when symptoms first develop. Fever is usually continuous, but it may come and go. Fever may be lower in older adults than in children and younger adults. Check.
Shaking chills. Check. Followed by feeling too hot. Followed by chills again.
Body aches and muscle pain (often severe), commonly in the back, arms, or legs. Check. Joint pain, especially.
Headache. No.
Pain when you move your eyes. No.
Fatigue, a general feeling of sickness (malaise), Check.
and loss of appetite. Naw, man, I was fucking starving half the time.
A dry cough, runny nose, and dry or sore throat. Nope.

What other symptoms did you have? Because if it's bad, I'm not kissing you.
Tease.

Nausea. (Which, when combined with hunger, is even more annoying than standard nausea).
"Get to the bathroom NOW" stomach cramps.
Gaseous anomalies.
Dizziness & blurred vision.
Much more irritibility than is usual. (Which is really, really bad.)
Suddenly thinking that Julie's Eeyore plush toy is staring at me.
Sleep paralysis.
Free associating everything anybody says to me.

Okay, maybe I DID have the flu.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Suddenly thinking that Julie's Eeyore plush toy is staring at me.

It probably was staring at you, it is all part of the surveillance techniques of the Pooh Liberation Organization (PLO.)Be afraid, be very afraid.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, much as I am loathe to channel such a wholesome fellow as Tim on himself, I am just obligated to point out the GIANT FLAW in his thinking that antibodies, which are heavy proteins produced by bloodcells when properly stimulated by antigens and act against those antigens in a response by the immune system, and antibiotics, which are substances produced by or derived from microorganisms that inhibit or kill other microorganisms, are the SAME THING, when anyone with a half-decent education knows they are not even remotely alike.

DO NOT CONFUSE THEM AGAIN.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ny-Quill makes me sleepy.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, really, this is a pre-ganglionic fiber/post-ganglionic nerve thing! The two are simply not interchangeable and to think otherwise is wrong and evil, dammit.

[ January 07, 2004, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Cartman ]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sleeeeepy.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

MY CONFUSION HAS BEEN RESOLVED. FURTHER DISCUSSION IS UNNECESSARY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND CONCERN. REMEMBER TO TIP YOUR WAITRESS.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

ZZZZzzzzzz.....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
REMEMBER TO TIP YOUR WAITRESS.

They don't like that. It spills the coffee.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps