Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » PETA is insane. (Page 5)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: PETA is insane.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To quote a certain someone who was VERY concerned about the slaughter of humans:

"A society can be judged by the way it treats its animals."

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what does that say about all those animals wearing $400 designer outfits and being toted around in $1,500 Gucci handbags by "people" wearing cosmetics made from animals and having more silicon than the San Fransisco bay area?

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I would not be totally unwilling to sign up for that all-meat diet myself. (Discounting the fact that I am quite likely to die horribly as my brain is eaten from the inside out now.) However, I love how extremely angry and defensive dedicated omnivores get when someone expresses a simple dining preference. "What? No meat?! HOW DARE YOU! I WILL EAT YOU AND ARRGHGHGH!!!!!!!!" I mean, come on, it's more for the rest of, guys.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
You're seriously suggesting that buying a leather jacket rather than a big trenchcoat is really going to make even the slightest difference, at all?

Well obviously it ain't going to change the world. OTOH if you make that small sacrifice this time because your conscience is bothering you, then perhaps you might be inclined to make a more serious one sacrifice the future and opt for PVC or Gortex� or whatever it is the vegan kids are wearing these days.
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
So, once again, I ask: Why don't you eat animals? Because if it's because of the cruelty aspect, then I'm having a bit of trouble taking you seriously.

Well if you are seriously asking why I am a vegetarian, I can tell you that it is for a number of reasons. Namely health, environmental, spiritual and, yes, moral concerns. Do I need to be a zealot for you to take me seriously? Does that ever work? More importantly would my being a zealousness help you take the concept itself more seriously? I have my beliefs and I choose to do what I feel I am able. I lack the discipline to follow the vegan path, and frankly I'm tired of plastic shoes tearing themselves to shreds (rancid, awful shreds) in a couple weeks. I am weak. I am a hipocrite. I do what I can.

Just so we're clear. This isn't a full time thing for me. Vegetarianism is not my defining aspect. And importantly, I'm not trying to tell you how you ought to live your life. It isn't my place and I happen to know it wouldn't do any good. It's not pleasant to think about. There are a lot of creatures that we put through a great deal of misery for our convenience. Visit an abatoire if you don't believe me. You don't have to have any reaction to this information at all. I just feel (as does PETA) that people ought to know where hamburgers and hot-wings and leather trenches and fur coats come from. Maybe you have no reaction to this information, maybe you do, but if you don't know the whole story how can you make an informed decision?

Also I am sorry I thought you were gay when I first came to the board.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When in any moral doubt, I just listen to Monster Magnet for guidence.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feeling like a Space Lord are you???

Jason's sig. is almost right, he just needs to learn to hate everything.... [Wink]

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not everything!
I'll always love women.

mmmmmm....women.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Years before I met her, my wife was vegetarian. Something to do with being served horse while on a school trip to the Soviet Union. She packed it in after a couple of years though, missed bacon sandwiches too much. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So she wont eat a lean animal like Horse, but she'll eat a pig?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That reminds me of the folly in thinking that human breastmilk feels 'icky' to drink but the juices from a 500-pound, ammonia-stinking, regurgitating farm animal doesn't.
Aah, the human mind.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure that sucking milk straight out the underside of a large bovine would be even more "icky" to most people than getting it from a woman.

I know I'd much rather have the woman, at any rate.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...or you could just skip the whole issue by drinking soy milk [Smile]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Or not drink any milk at all.
The concept is certainly disgusting enough.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How exactly does one milk a soy bean anyway?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

They milk a Chia-Cow.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps