Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » PETA is insane. (Page 7)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: PETA is insane.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen this "John Bull" before. Are you sure you haven't made him up?

At least he gets a surname, I suppose. Although "John Bollocks" would have been better.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by WizArtist:
So what does that say about all those animals wearing $400 designer outfits and being toted around in $1,500 Gucci handbags by "people" wearing cosmetics made from animals and having more silicon than the San Fransisco bay area?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roughly the same things it says about people who put forth that showing concern for animal welfare somehow downplays human suffering.

I'm not putting down people concerned about animal welfare. I'm putting down those that put animal welfare above the welfare of human beings and are on a crusade to convert everyone else to their self proclaimed morally superior point of view.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're saying animals feel pain?

...that explains a lot now that i think of it.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, John Bull is real. Or as real as an imaginary character gets. But he just was never as. . . pervasive, is that the right word? . . . as Uncle Sam.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone younger than 50 remember him?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, probably not, unless they know a bit of history. I'm aware there was such a character but I've never seen him used anywhere in my lifetime.

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard of "John Bull."

This page has a small illustration of the character.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Lee
Member # 393

Er, at a guess I'd say that's where Tim got the images he posted, Roberto. . . Still, good link though, explains the origins and all.

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen makes passing reference to him. But it's still a load of hogpoopoo.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*blinks*

Ah, didn't see Tim had already posted images. Must not have loaded before I clicked
'next.'

Either that, or spending the last 4 days battling the Death Virii of 2003-04 has left me more discombobulated than I believed.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

You've had more than one?

Besides, everyone's had it. And they've been content to exagerate it up to "flu". Tsk. Silly Americans.

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Nah, this wasn't the flu. The flu is a respiratory virus.

Whatever this was it affected way more systems than that.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

So, a cold then?

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Also -

"The symptoms of influenza appear suddenly and often include:

Fever of 100�F (37.8�C) to 104�F (40�C), which can reach 106�F (41.1�C) when symptoms first develop. Fever is usually continuous, but it may come and go. Fever may be lower in older adults than in children and younger adults.
Shaking chills.
Body aches and muscle pain (often severe), commonly in the back, arms, or legs.
Headache.
Pain when you move your eyes.
Fatigue, a general feeling of sickness (malaise), and loss of appetite.
A dry cough, runny nose, and dry or sore throat. You may not notice these during the first few days of the illness when other symptoms are more severe. As fever goes away, these symptoms usually become more evident. "

It may be a respitory virus, but it affects more than your breathing. What other symptoms did you have? Because if it's bad, I'm not kissing you.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe there are both respiratory flus and gastro-intestinal flus.
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps