Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Hmmm.... Fascinating. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Hmmm.... Fascinating.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My standpoint is... that Bush was ALWAYS going to go back to Iraq and finish what his 'Daddy' started. No one, of course foresore 9/11 and so that and the resulting ousting of the Taliban of course had to take priority. The funny thing is - if you remember pretty much when the Afghanistan thing started to die down, CNN and FoxNews started going "where next?" "who's next?" etc. with their little titles on the screen and commentators who really know very little, yet have maximum exposure. If you want to blame anyone for a lot of problems - I'd start with the media... ever since The Gulf War (1) they've been BAD = REAL bad.

Then of course there was a gap and I thought nothing of it - until CNN and Fox and BBC World etc brought up the subject of Iraq again. Now I'm not condoning anything that that Iraqi regime did - but it's all a little sus - when something that is brought up on a cable news program is put into play a month or less later. We then had the weapons inspectors problem again, then resolution 1411 or what ever it was then more threats and then Bush had the opportunity to finish what his father started.

*I* still believe there are weapons out there. That regime wasn't stupid - they didn't hold power for more than 20? years and be careless and stupid too. They would most definately have complexes and bunkers hidden in the desert wastes.

What annoyed me about the Gulf War (2) was people were forgetting about Afghanistan and finding Bin Laden. They still don't seem to mention it much. There was that capture in Pakistan of that Taliban bigwig - but that's the closest so far.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. It looks like the world's most infamous terrorist leader is still alive (according to the latest tape) and probably planning more attacks (or giving the orders to carry some out).

So while we've captured Saddam, we haven't found the WMD that was the numero uno reason for invasion and we haven't caught bin Laden. Two very important goals for Bush & co. have not been fulfilled.

--------------------
Meh

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the contary. I believe the BushCo primary goals have already been achieved. The Afghani natural gas pipeline project into Pakistan is well underway now that that pesky Taliban has been removed. And does anyone have any guesses about how well Halliburton will make out while rebuilding Iraq's oil infrastucture this time? The only remaining unanswered questions are primarily public relations and diplomatic issues. Otherwise they've accomplished what they set out to, eh? Osama bin who? Guantanawhere?

Also, now Canada produces mad-cows as well as Terrorists. Also I'm making a joke to point out that at one point 'Blame Canada' was a joke.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL - I remembered flicking past FoxNews the other day and they had their annoying 'title of the minute' up and it was "Blame Canada".

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And does anyone have any guesses about how well Halliburton will make out while rebuilding Iraq's oil infrastucture this time?
About as well as they did when they rebuilt Bosnia's?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
LOL - I remembered flicking past FoxNews the other day and they had their annoying 'title of the minute' up and it was "Blame Canada".

I love that. Using an extremely ironic tune in a non-ironic capacity just shows the user out to be really, really stupid.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or an obnoxious and opinionated assh�le, for that matter.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yes, we're doing everything to fuck your country up. Not supporting the War on Iraq, calling your President a Moron, and now poisoning your food system with Mad Cow along with high amounts of cholesterol and stuff.

Oh, before anyone forgets, the name of our Prime Minister is now Paul Martin. He has been for basically a month now....

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, I thought we sent them the Mad Cows?

Like Anne Robinson.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never actually heard Martin's name spoken. Is it French, or the English pronunciation?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most likely english.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, nice that Jason hasn't been commenting for a while. Everytime I read his idiotic comments I start getting really nauseous. (And that hasn't even got anything to do with the fact that he can't even spell such a simple word as "friend" correctly!)

He represents the typical know-it-all (although he doesn't really seem to actually know a lot) arrogant American hypocrit that people from other countries love to hate - with GWB as the ultimate incarnation.

I come from Germany and I don't even bother that we are excluded from getting "a piece of the pie". We opposed the war in Iraq and rightfully so. The US had no right to start that war, and having captured Saddam doesn't justify it in any way. The main US argument for having to attack immediately were the WMDs - and there is still no WMD in sight!

The sad fact is, the US only do whatever suits them best at any moment:

They backed Saddam when it suited them.
They attacked Saddam when it suited them.
They supported Osama when it suited them.
They hate Osama for not kissing their ass.
They help the Afghans when it suits them (against the Russians.)
They fight the Afghans when it suits them (when they are part of the "axis of evil". Oh, I forgot the trademark!).
They even rename something as unimportant as French fries, just because they don't like the French.
Why not rename the Hamburger and call it "Londoner" or even better "Freedomburger"?
I mean how much more childish can you get.
I think the current trigger-happy US administration is far more dangerous to the world than Saddam ever was!

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
he can't even spell such a simple word as "friend" correctly...
arrogant American hypocrit...

Irony of ironies, "hypocrite" is spelled with an 'e.'

quote:

The sad fact is, the US only do whatever suits them best at any moment:

And this makes them different from Germany, how? Or are you implying that the German government works AGAINST it's people's interest? At least that would be historically consistent.

quote:

They backed Saddam when it suited them.
They attacked Saddam when it suited them.

Yes, this is called "politics" and Germany does it too.

quote:

They supported Osama when it suited them.

Repetition of a meritless accusation will not increase its' validity.

quote:
They hate Osama for not kissing their ass.
Yeah, those several thousand murders have nothing to do with it. Eselsarsch.

quote:

They help the Afghans when it suits them (against the Russians.)
They fight the Afghans when it suits them (when they are part of the "axis of evil". Oh, I forgot the trademark!).

1. Entirely different groups of Afghans. The folks we supported (and the Afghans we support today) are the same folks.
2. Afghanistan was never mentioned as part of the "axis of evil."
It really takes a socio-political oberarsch not to know that.

quote:

They even rename something as unimportant as French fries, just because they don't like the French.

Who are "they" in your little paranoid fantasy world? The folks who went in for "freedom fries" numbered about, what, sixteen people? I have a whole list of legitimate reasons to dislike France, from their long history of political backstabbing to their Dixie-Chicking" of Serena Williams, but I still call them french fries.

quote:

Why not rename the Hamburger and call it "Londoner" or even better "Freedomburger"?
I mean how much more childish can you get.

We already did that twice, a few decades ago when we had to bomb your country back into civilization.

quote:

I think the current trigger-happy US administration is far more dangerous to the world than Saddam ever was!

I think you're a loon.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:

I love that. Using an extremely ironic tune in a non-ironic capacity just shows the user out to be really, really stupid.
The user? I assume you mean FoxNews?

quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:

Who?

quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:
Yes, we're doing everything to fuck your country up. Not supporting the War on Iraq, calling your President a Moron, and now poisoning your food system with Mad Cow along with high amounts of cholesterol and stuff.

Surely you know by now that I am from AUSTRALIA!?!

Not EVERYONE on the 'net is from North America.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:

User? I hope you mean FoxNews.

quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:

Who?
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps