Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Hmmm.... Fascinating. (Page 7)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Hmmm.... Fascinating.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, often a "elected dictator" starts off as an elected official that grabs power and becomes "presedent for life" of some other silly title.
When we (the US in particualr, here) leave Iraq and they possibly elect a brand new oppresive dictatorship we could be right back where we started....or worse even.
In the long run we'll have to take our chances that the Iraqui people really do want change.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gambling with the future of Iraq and the people in it is just a little too costly, what with those outstanding contracts that would be threatened by something as pesky as true autonomy and all, for the US to hand over the reigns and leave non-reimbursed.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well..."non-reimbursed" is relative.
I'm sure there will be a nice air force base in it for us at the least.

And I'm SHOCKED that you might think the Bush administration capable of any electoral wrong-doings.
Shocked, I say! [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iraqi.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

...the other white meat.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quiet you.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

[Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, Fascinating...

Even though he was the Treasury Secretary, this does make you think...

[ January 11, 2004, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Veers ]

--------------------
Meh

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

And this all -amazingly- comes to light now....
Just in time for his new "tell all" book to become a bestseller!
Funny how theses things just seem to happen, huh?

Really, how many meetings on WMD are we supposed to believe the Treasury Secretary was in on?

Bush: Paul, do we have enough cash to invade Iraq?

O'Neil: ...um...only if we create a massive defecit that will last forever and that...

Bush: GREAT! Thanks for coming by, Paul.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Veers
You first
Member # 661

That's why I said, "Even though he was the Treasury Secretary..."

I realize that he was probably did not sit in on intelligence briefings.

--------------------
Meh

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yah, I got that.

On a middle eastern note, Democracy is about to be subverted in Iran:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3386771.stm
This could be the start of something baaaad.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Veers (and everyone else too for that matter): Talking about intelligence, did anyone take the free IQ test in the sponsor banner above the article?
Really interesting... [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Veers
You first
Member # 661

I love Reuters. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Meh

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O'Neill in trouble already.

quote:
WASHINGTON (CNN) - The Treasury Department has asked for an investigation into how a possibly classified document appeared in a televised interview of ex-Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill, a department spokesman said Monday.

Treasury Spokesman Rob Nichols said that "based on the '60 minutes' interview aired Sunday night there was a document shown that appeared to be classified."

Senior Treasury Department staff met Monday morning and decided to refer the matter to the department's Inspector General, who will review to see if further investigation is warranted, Nichols said.

Hell hath no fury like a disgruntled ex-employee.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or a disgruntled and humiliated administration, eh? Y'know, like the one that revealed that what's-his-name's (Wilson?) wife worked for the CIA after he criticized the Bushies.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps