Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Hmmm.... Fascinating. (Page 5)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Hmmm.... Fascinating.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
Well, nice that Jason hasn't been commenting for a while. Everytime I read his idiotic comments I start getting really nauseous. (And that hasn't even got anything to do with the fact that he can't even spell such a simple word as "friend" correctly!)

WHOOO HOO, Austin! Now you're FLAMIN!
Actually asshole, I've been working thirteen hour shifts and looking for a new apartment. [Wink]
Go back to the FIRST page and read that I dont PERSONALLY agree with the blame Canada is getting but you didint bother to read everything before jumping the gun did you?
quote:

He represents the typical know-it-all (although he doesn't really seem to actually know a lot) arrogant American hypocrit that people from other countries love to hate - with GWB as the ultimate incarnation.

If you'd actually READ what I posted, you'd see that I'm speaking from the POV of most american's feelings towards the so called "snubbed" countries: I have plenty of gripes with Bush's cronies.
I also suck at typing: as you do as well aparantly.
quote:

I come from Germany and I don't even bother that we are excluded from getting "a piece of the pie". We opposed the war in Iraq and rightfully so. The US had no right to start that war, and having captured Saddam doesn't justify it in any way. The main US argument for having to attack immediately were the WMDs - and there is still no WMD in sight!

I actually agree that the reason stated for the war has never panned out, but I think the war was long overdue and was late housekeping from the first gulf war when the US left the Iraqi's we called to rebel out in the cold and all the allies washed their hands of any wrongdoing.
quote:

The sad fact is, the US only do whatever suits them best at any moment:

They backed Saddam when it suited them.
They attacked Saddam when it suited them.
They supported Osama when it suited them.
They hate Osama for not kissing their ass.

Here's where you become a horse's ass: we hate Osama for killing a few thousand civillians. We could give a fuck if he "kissed our asses" as you say.
quote:

They help the Afghans when it suits them (against the Russians.)
They fight the Afghans when it suits them (when they are part of the "axis of evil". Oh, I forgot the trademark!).

While you bring up several undisputable (and shameful) facts, you really should look to your own country's past before judging anyone. Many of the things you're citing are twenty years old and not the direct responsibility of anyone that can fix things now.
Or are you still blaming Russia for invading Afghanstan and France for selling Iraq weapons?
Past leaders have made mistakes that current leaders cant put right with a wave of a wand and good intentions: being from Germany, you should see that, right?

quote:

They even rename something as unimportant as French fries, just because they don't like the French.

I'd agree there: Republicans sniping from the US is as petty as another government calling our president a "moron".
The fact is, there are always people that stir up trouble within an administration and while I'm not familliar with Germany's current political climate, I'd imagine you could pick out a troublemaker or three in your own government with no trouble.
quote:

I think the current trigger-happy US administration is far more dangerous to the world than Saddam ever was!

Now that's dumb: I must have missed the mass graves here in America, the starving masses and the brutal dictatorship.
So the US is "trigger happy" while Germany sits in judgment: quite the historical role reversal, no?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, no mass graves to speak of, there are far more starving masses than there ought to be, and I'd call the dictatorship more strong-arm/manipulative than brutal. At least as far as interior policy goes.

[grammar edit]

[ January 08, 2004, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Balaam Xumucane ]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We could give a fuck

COULDN'T!

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When did you become the herald of grammar around here? Our resident Nixpicker hasn't quit his job yet, y'know. B)
WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously the Fourth Reich is coming... currently known as the European Union.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I doubt that.
At least Britan and the EU's smaller members would break away long before that could happen.

Now an economic Reich, I could envision though....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I was talking about. Bankers are the true policy makers.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
User? I hope you mean FoxNews.

Who else would I be talking about?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I think the current trigger-happy US administration is far more dangerous to the world than Saddam ever was!"

"Now that's dumb: I must have missed the mass graves here in America, the starving masses and the brutal dictatorship."

Well, that seems to be his point. Saddam Hussein was really only a threat to his own country. Bush is actually causing people to die in other parts of the world.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly. Thanks TSN.

And @Jason: Interesting to know that you contend to sucking at typing. Even more interesting that it's always the word "friend".
Actually, in my dictionary "hypocrit" is spelled WITHOUT the "e". Anyway I was typing from memory and in contrast to you I am NOT a native speaker remember?! Try to write your previous post again, only this time in German. And THEN try and critizise my English!

About my flaming comments: This IS the Flameboard, isn't it? Anyway, if I have misread what you meant, I apologise. But actually I DID read each and every posting from page one on, including the whole article in the link.
(And I have read other comments by you in other topics here at Flare - they only further my opinion about you.)

But be that as it my, I stand by my arguments. Above all that Bush is more dangerous to worldwide peace than any of the Saddam imitators around the globe. If there is a room filled with gunpowder somewhere in the world, GWB is bound to be the first to rush in with a burning match!

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Additional:

quote:
While you bring up several undisputable (and shameful) facts, you really should look to your own country's past before judging anyone. Many of the things you're citing are twenty years old and not the direct responsibility of anyone that can fix things now.
Or are you still blaming Russia for invading Afghanstan and France for selling Iraq weapons?
Past leaders have made mistakes that current leaders cant put right with a wave of a wand and good intentions: being from Germany, you should see that, right?

Of course I see that past leaders have made tragic mistakes - our own past is the most horrendous example of that, I agree.

But do you really want to tell me that Bush's intentions were good when he started a war without a justified cause?
(And when he lied to the international community about the WMDs thus undermining the future credibility of his own politics?)
Sure, the war was overdue, but I don't understand why GWB's old man didn't finish the job properly after the first Gulf war anyway? It would have been much easier then than it has been now.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still shocked that Jason actually bought up World War II merely because someone from Germany posted. Do you have any idea how to argue?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to post a very witty reply in German. Unfortunately the only German I can remember is Achtung Englander! Which isn't much help.

Actually, I'm surprised no one's flamed WizArtist for making anti-EU comments. Where are all the pro-Europeans screaming warmongering, nationalist bigot?

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not only WMD. Even Colin Powell admits there is no hard evidence Iraq/al-Qaeda were connected. This after GWB repeated many times before the war that there were connections.

--------------------
Meh

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
I'm still shocked that Jason actually bought up World War II merely because someone from Germany posted. Do you have any idea how to argue?

I brought it up because many of the things Austin ites are twenty years old and not the responsibility of Bush or any american in power today, yet he insists on labeling "Americans" as being "dangerous" nad "Trigger happy".
If we're going to critisize a country for mistakes made over the past twenty years, why not sixty? Why not a hundred?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps