Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » New beheadings in Iraq... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: New beheadings in Iraq...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David Sands:
DebkaFile is reporting that they're NOT going to release those prisoners. It seems they have good reasons.

Exactly.
Whay the fuck would they ever "parole" Dr. Germ in the first place....ever?

She's a HUGE liability!
If she goes free and disapears, we'll see Zarkawai with bio-weapons.

It's grim, but there should never be negotiating with scum like this- even if it means the deaths of good people that just tried to rebuild nad help the masses.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he'd have to convice Assad to give him back the WMDs Syria is hiding for Baathists, and get there first through Kurdish territory. But, yes, you are right that Zarqawi would love to free a scientist who might feel indebted to someone for getting her out of there. (Or alternatively, might take the guerilla war to the next level in an effort to put her boss back in power.)

--------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...nuke the fucking lot of them!"

Come back to this discussion when you've grown up yourself and have a real argument to contribute instead of acrimonious generalizations that just identify you as an opinionated bigot.

"...we should import one thousand more US/UN/British troops for each beheading untill the country is truly safe."

Right, because history has proven time and again that the number of troops stationed in a country is directly proportional to that country's safety.

Oh, wait.

"See how popular beheadings are after we REALLY occupy theur country."

And see how popular you will be.

I'll say this again, because I think it bears repeating: you CANNOT import democracy to where there previously was none without some long-term strategy that includes the words "diplomacy" and "commitment", nor can you enforce it with an occupying army. And if you try to do so anyway on a population as diverse as that of Iraq, heads are going to roll. Literally.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course you cant "import democracy" but you CAN import troops, kill off the insurgents and Zarkawai.

People continue to die not only because there's no real plan, but because we've gone in there expecting accolades instead of gunfire.
It's all half-assed: you cant expect victory if you hamstring your own forces.

Currently the "pllan" is to train the Iraqui forces to (suppoedly) police themselves but that's obviously not the priority.
Keeping a status quo untill election day is.
After all, a scared populace votes Republican if for no reason than they appear to have a plan.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
Come back to this discussion when you've grown up yourself and have a real argument to contribute instead of acrimonious generalizations that just identify you as an opinionated bigot.

Fuck off Cartman. [Mad] [Razz]

I know that you can't nuke 'em. [Roll Eyes]

I know that you can't shoot 'em all. [Roll Eyes]

Do you think that I'm that fucking dense? [Confused] [Mad]

If you actually bothered to read the last part of my last post you'd see that your comment was a waste of time - wanker. [Mad]

Oh and just so you know - I'm not a bigot but hate it when people shove their religion and/or political views in my face. I can also say that I hate Tony Blair's guts and wish someone would shoot him as he's a complete and utter arsehole who got us Brits in bed with the Americans and opened up a whole nasty worms! [Mad]

For the record: I do not have a problem with anyone provided they don't shove their beliefs and such in my face. I just find this stuff in Iraq all so depressing and wish someone would do something to end it and everyone's suffering once and for all!

I apologise if my comments appeared childish and offensive but others have voiced such view before and not got such a bashing as I have just had. So is that how it's going to be? A rule for you and a rule for me? If it is then all I can say is what I said above:

Fuck off Cartman.

EDIT:
I said "Shoot/nuke the fucking lot of them!" Kindly get your facts right. By this I meant that the best solution would be to do as others suggest - send in troops and shoot the bastards that are cutting off heads.

"Nuke" was a poor, poor choice of work - "Blow the fuckers to pieces" (with reference to those doing the head cutting) would be much better and more accurate to my feelings on this situation.

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think anyone can talk about someone doing "something to end it and everyone's suffering once and for all" without discussing political and/or religious beliefs though.

Right?

Crap... did I just post something in the Flameboard? Oh no...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

akb1979
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:

Crap... did I just post something in the Flameboard? Oh no...

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] D'OH! [Razz]

quote:
I don't think anyone can talk about someone doing "something to end it and everyone's suffering once and for all" without discussing political and/or religious beliefs though.

Right?

Yep. You've hit the nail on the head! [Smile]

Hey Cartman: I have cooled off a bit. I'm sorry if I offended you. Truce? [Confused]

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I know that you can't nuke 'em.

"I know that you can't shoot 'em all.

"Do you think that I'm that fucking dense?"

It has nothing to do with whether or not one can kill them all. It's the fact that you obviously wish someone could.

And you can't say you were only talking about the terrorists. There is no possible way to interpret your post in that way. You were very, very clearly talking about the entire population.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
akb1979: "Pity there's not an ideal solution to get rid of them."

It's so strange, I sigh when blue-eyed peace activists repeat thoughts from the 60's, "if everyone would lay down their arms all at once, no one could fight!"
Well Susie, the first one to pick up arms would be at a sort of advantage then.

Your statement, akb, is at the opposite side of the board, "if we killed just the right people at just the right time, everything would work out!".
Some thought that was what the US was doing in this latest Saddam-war, killing off those faces on that pathetic and corny deck of cards of VIP-enemies, but lo and behold, new ones pop forth when their former leaders/allies are shot! The Pokemon-idiom has failed.

And talking about an "ideal solution" for mass execution/retribution borders dangerously on certain shall we say 'inappropriate' measures two generations ago.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no idea they all had blue eyes.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still Waiting...

quote:
"A year from now, I'll be very surprised if there is not some grand square in Baghdad that is named after President Bush."

Richard Perle
AEI Keynote speech
September 22, 2003

Via Talking Points Memo

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Kos' response to that: "Somewhere in Washington D.C. today, Richard Perle is very surprised."
akb1979
Member # 557

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
It has nothing to do with whether or not one can kill them all. It's the fact that you obviously wish someone could.

OK, no arguement there.

quote:

And you can't say you were only talking about the terrorists. There is no possible way to interpret your post in that way. You were very, very clearly talking about the entire population.

OK, so again no arguement - I have no great love for the people of Iraq. There I said it - happy now? [Razz]

I don't consider myself to be a racist but in this, and only this, occasion I am. I'm sure that on the whole the people of Iraq are nice people - I just can't see it. Oh and if killing all those in Iraq prevents another generation of terroists from coming into the world - so be it - at least my kids will be safer. [Razz]

--------------------

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, September 21st was international peace day. No, I didn't notice either.

quote:
I don't consider myself to be a racist but in this, and only this, occasion I am. I'm sure that on the whole the people of Iraq are nice people - I just can't see it. Oh and if killing all those in Iraq prevents another generation of terroists from coming into the world - so be it - at least my kids will be safer
I really hate having to say this, but that is one of the stupidest posts I have ever seen. Killing all those in Iraq is more likely to inspire more terrorism, not reduce it. Not to mention lowering us to their level.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a coincidence for you all.

Reid "Frolixo" Paskiewicz wrote today's update on SomethingAwful, the topic being genocide.
After going through World's Greatest Genocides, he ends the article with a theory of how to stop genocide from occurring in the future;

quote:
Maybe one day there will be world peace, but I have a feeling it�s only going to come about once we round up all the extremists and violent people, put them in labor camps, and ultimately dispose of them so we can have a world only populated with a pure race of peace loving folks. We can only hope that day will soon come.
SOUNDS LIKE A MAN OF YOUR METTLE, AKB1979.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps