Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » 2004 Election Voting Machine (Page 5)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: 2004 Election Voting Machine
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You must have traveled a lot, to have met all those Americans.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they just voted, didn't they? And the majority of Americans support a right-wing Christian conservative as their President most powerful man on Earth.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harry, they may not all be 'right-wing orthodox Christian conservatives' but some of em sure are silly. As are people everywhere.

Still as long as GWB is honestly elected this time around I can't gnash my teeth too much. I do disagree with it, democracy, like the law can sometimes be an ass.

Oh and one more thing.....the entire universe is doomed [Smile]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, I forgot. You don't vote for a party with the same ideas as you, you just vote for the guy who looks best on TV.

And I do respect that this is the choice of Americans. It's just that I'm dissapointed and confused.

--------------------

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, along with everything, lets not forget this interesting tidbit:

quote:
Six months after gay and lesbian couples won the right to marry in Massachusetts, opponents of same-sex marriage struck back Tuesday, with voters in 11 states projected to approve constitutional amendments codifying marriage as exclusively being between a man and a woman.
Man, you guys would vote down evolution being taught in schools if you could.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A terrible defeat for common sense nad agiant leap backwards socially.

Man, I feel worse for my friends in the military than anything else.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, contrary to the opinions on this board, it seems that just over half of the US prefers Bush over Kerry. I also voted for Bush. There were many many reasons behind this, but the number one reason that I voted for Bush is because I don't want Kerry as the Commander in Chief of our armed forces. He may have said a lot in his campaign about supporting the military, but in my opinion his past record of voting down every single defense program vastly outweighs that. I also work in the defense industry, and would like to keep my job, thank you.

B.J.

P.S. - I also have friends and relatives in the military, and they all voted for Bush.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to a poll on the BBC website, of the people who said that "terrorism" was the most important issue of the election, around 82% were Republican compared to 18% Democrat. On the economy, it was 80% Democrat to 20% Republican. So I'd say that the war in Iraq had an effect on a lot of people.

And I don't want to promote the "stupid orthodxx American Christian" insults that have been flying aroud, but apparently 2/3rds of those who attend religious services weekly voted Republican.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
...but in my opinion his past record of voting down every single defense program vastly outweighs that. I also work in the defense industry, and would like to keep my job, thank you.

*rolls eyes* This doesn't even fall under the category of political debate. You've entered urban legend territory.

On an unrelated bit, there's this fun note:
quote:
re: Colarado: The law would have changed the system which gives all Electoral College votes to the presidential candidate with the most votes state-wide...The votes would have been awarded based on the percentage of votes for each candidate.
You let the majority vote on how the minority vote should be treated. Quality.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wish there were electiuons for VICE president the biggest qualm I have with Bush is that I think Cheney/Rumsfeld are calling the shots an waaaay too many issues.

Tom Dashell got voted out: good and bad- he's a dickweed but the republicans having even MORE power is a scary scary thought.

BJ, I share your concerns over Kerry: it's why I think he was a poor choice for the democrats.
Most of my military pals voted for Bush as well.
Much to my dismay.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

I never said stupid orthodox right-wing Christians. And it's not an insult, just an observation and something that puzzles me greatly. Because Americans always talks about freedom and liberty, yet are more convervative than many Europeans.

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Man, you guys would vote down evolution being taught in schools if you could.
Not all of us.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goddamn. At least when the country is in shambles by 2008, it will be the fault of Bush & Co.

--------------------
Meh

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Of course, they could just keep the "fear factor" going nad get another republican elected.
All the democrats need to do is find someone the US armed forces will have nearly as much as Kerry....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering where this conversation was on the board.

Speaking as someone who finds orthodox Christianity attractive, I am glad the side I have chosen won. That said, I am about as happy that the election was clearly a victory for one side versus another, counting the Senate, the House, and several ballot issues. Plus the absolute majority that even adding Nader votes would not overcome. I've gotten sick of gridlock.

And just so that everyone doesn't label me a shill, I would vote to keep evolution in schools, and I did vote for two Democrats at the state level.

--------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps