Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Clinton Tribute (Page 12)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Clinton Tribute
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Shik, that series is pretty interesting

------------------
"Weirdness doesn't frighten me. Ten-foot-tall purple wombats with shaving-cream-covered broadswords singing 'Kumbayah'... Now, that scares me..."
-Tim Nix

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: Actually, I think it would cause me to burn out my eyes because it would offend them! *L*

Ziyal: Hm... I'd agree there, except for the afterlife bit. By definition, you can't know if it's there 'til you've been there. And, if you'd been there, you wouldn't be here. So, even if it does exist (which remains uncertain), you can't claim to know what, if anything, is possible in it.

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*coughs*
*still sick*

Sex before marriage? Naw, that's only got a 1 on my PSI (Personal Sin Index), provided its consensual, protected, and all that jazz.

Listen, I'm doing it right now. Well, not RIGHT now, but.. oh, you know what I mean. We love each other very much. We WANT to get married. For all intents and purposes (save the legal, religious, and dwelling-together *sigh*) we consider ourselves married. If I were to win the lottery tomorrow, that would be the FIRST thing we'd do.
So in THIS case, I have a PSI of Zero.

And quite honestly, I wouldn't be nearly as good with her as I am now (in more ways than just sexually, but including that) if I hadn't had other experience in the past. SHE had past experiencs, as well, not all of them consensual on her part, and it's some of MY experience that has helped me help her deal with that.

Do I regret my past experiences? Not insofar as they've helped me with my current one. Oh, there are some things I'd have done differently, some of the women I'd have avoided entirely, knowing what I know now... but that's why they call it "experience" and not "programming."

Oh, other things on my PSI:
Watching naughty videos: .5
Cheating on a spouse/partner: 10
Killing someone: varies by individual and circumstance, from 1 to 10.
Providing nuclear secrets to China in exchange for campaign contributions: 9.995
Watching 90210: 5
Listening to Eminem: 4
Agreeing with Eminem: 8
Stealing library books: 9.57
Trading on Napster: 4.8

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: Except you know what it's like after death because you've died BEFORE. That or you can just talk to the dead and ask them.

------------------
"Poetic souls delight in prose insane."
--Lord Byron

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
90210 only a 5? it should at least be an 8

------------------
"Homer, you're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly,
if a strange man offers you a ride, I say take it"-Abe S.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tora:

quote:
Except you know what it's like after death because you've died BEFORE. That or you can just talk to the dead and ask them.

Oh yes, I had an invigorating conversation with the late Jimi Hendrix, who told be the benefits of using pentatonic scales while in drop-d tuning with reverse polarity humbuckers.

It was surprisingly simple, as I just dialed his number on my 'Bat-talk-to-the-dead' phone.

I forgot to ask him what the afterlife was like, but I guess I don't need to as you so vehemently told me I have experienced it firsthand.

Perhaps you should reword statements like that so your theories stay just that theories, and don't adress us by declaring so adamantly that what you say is true.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1of2: So, um, if I agree with such gems as:

quote:

Shit, Christina Aguilera better switch me chairs
So I can sit next to Carson Daly and Fred Durst
And hear 'em argue over who she gave head to first.
Little bitch put me on blast on MTV
"yeah he's cute but I think he's married to Kim, hehe"
I should download her audio on mp3
And show the whole world how you gave Eminem V.D. (scream)
I'm sick of you little girl and boy groups all you do is annoy me
So I've been sent here to destroy you

am I almost as bad a library-book stealer?

*gasps*

Or is it logarithmic?

------------------
"...I was just up in Canada, Toronto actually. You know, they really hate you guys [Americans] up there? The funny thing is, they think you hate them back, when in fact, you just couldn't be bothered to care. Now in Ireland, it's a different story. At least we had the common decency to wait until the English invaded before we started hating them. I guess the Canadians are hating you in advance..."
-Irish Comic Ed Byrne on Canada-US relations

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, for that matter, the ever-popular "put one of those fingers on each hand up and be proud to be out of your mind and out of control"? I can't say as I disagree w/ that... :-)

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Un;ess it involves drinking...

Sorry, sorry.

*goes really quiet and embarrassed* UM does kinda have a point Tora.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UM: Well, if it's not a theory to me, why should I talk about it as such? Does Omega talk about God as though he were a theory?

------------------
"Poetic souls delight in prose insane."
--Lord Byron

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tora: Well, you effectively stated that TSN had indeed experienced the afterlife. Now, from my observations, I don't think he believes in that.

Omega may not believe in God as a theory, but he (sometimes, at least ) listens, and accepts those who do not share his opinions, while attempting to very calmly discuss the issues with proponents of the other side.

I don't ever recall Omega saying to me "You do not believe, and as such The Lord will smiteth thee" (Or whatever it is the Lord does to those excercising free will such as I), or any such piousness, force-fed drivel.

While I respect your beliefs, you must realize that many do not share them, and may not prefer it if you act as such.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my girlfriend sleep together. We both are in love, find nothing wrong with two consenting adults enjoying all of life's pleasures, even sex, and we do fully intend to get married in a few years.
All marriage means anymore is a legal contract to stick with someone and be liable for taxes, children and the whole shibang.

Still, we would like to do that for our own reasons when we're ready (and our parents won't freak out about it "being too soon").

[Liked the Clinton jokes btw ]

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if someone said "and when yuo die, you'll go up to heaven", and stated it with absolute fact, it'd be just as bad.

Sticking "I believe..." in front of such sentances is a wonderful get-out clause.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ultra:

Yeah, I think "smite" would be the appropriate term...

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

To make something clear... I wouldn't say that I believe that I have never been in some sort of "afterlife" (not a very good term, is it?); I would say that I don't believe that I have. There's a difference. In other words, I really couldn't say one way or the other, and therefore I can't form an opinion on the matter. It may not work for some people, but I can get on perfectly well w/o deluding myself into believing in something that has no corroborating evidence, but happens to sound good. And that's what religious beliefs are. Something you believe in to make yourself feel better. The worst part is that some people keep these beliefs even when logical thought totally precludes them.

------------------

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps