Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Clinton Tribute (Page 15)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Clinton Tribute
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh ye of little faith. Have you never heard of Fran Baskerville, Singing Psychic?

------------------
Conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.
--
Ambrose Bierce
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! It's useless to struggle.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. She was on Graham Norton, a chat-show cum comedy thingie. He phoned people up every week (usually in the US) and she was one of them. If I remember, her predictions where something like:

"I can see a lot of money for you-u
And fame too
I can see wealth for you-u
You'll have a happy life".

Insightful, I think you'll agree.

(He also phoned up Miles o'Keeth a lot, the guy who played tarzan. But that was because he fancied him).

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A demonstration of my psychic powers.

OMMMMMMM.....

You sometimes feel as though people don't understand you.

OMMMMMMM.....

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prediction- The next President will suck majorly.

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, it's a role reversal from the current presidency?

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL*

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes basically (hey, Hoover did it too )

------------------
Where's the bathroom on this ship?

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Implanted memories? Okay, how do you explain people, during regression, recalling how to do tasks they normally wouldn't know, such as making butter from scratch? Or that one of Dr. Weiss's patients went to see a psychic to ask about her past life, and the psychic came up with details from the same past life she remembered? Hypnosis isn't the only way to access knowledge from a past life. Some psychics can see it also.

And how about this: a 43-year-old Englishwoman was reunited her 70- and 80-something-year old children in Ireland. Since she was little, the woman knew that she had lived a past lifetime, and that she had had children. Supposedly she was an Irish woman, mother of eight, in the previous lifetime, and she died in labor at the birth of the eighth child. Her "children" accepted her because she told them a number of things only their mother could've known.

And this: A woman went up to Dr. Weiss after one of his past-life workshops and told him this story. Ever since she was little, whenever she put her hand over the edge of the bed, another hand would hold on to hers. There was never anyone there, just the feeling of a hand. Whenever she felt anxious or scared, she'd hold that invisible hand, and it would always calm her down and make her feel better. This continued 'til after she was married, but she was afraid to tell her husband. Then when she got pregnant, the hand disappeared, and she thought it was gone forever. One day, when she slept with her baby on the bed, her baby's hand moved to touch hers by chance. She felt a flood of familiarity, and she knew where the spirit of the hand had gone.

------------------
"Poetic souls delight in prose insane."
--Lord Byron

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. What a weird person. If I put my hand over the edge of the bed and something grabbed it, I'd be scared shitless... *LOL*

------------------
"It's like the Star of David or something. But without the whole Judaism thing."
-Frank Gerratana, 17-Aug-2000

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But if you remove your hand you'll be killed by the Gom Jabbar, so there you go.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, pain by nerve induction. Quite effective, or so I hear.

------------------
Conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.
--
Ambrose Bierce
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! It's useless to struggle.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may make me seem like an old cynical bastard, but if these events are so common, how comes their isn't more coverage on them? If you can prove that an old women knows stuff about children she's never met, it'd be in the newspapers and on TV. And by that, I mean papers which don't have pictures of Jennifer Aniston and Jennifer Love Hewit's secret lesbian wedding, and TV shows that aren't a variation on "When Psychic's attack".

Plus, don't you think the scientific community would be all over this? Real scientists that is, not those who still take Genesis as "what really happened", not those whose writings contain the phrase "gnarly", and not those who can't even spell PHD.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited September 05, 2000).]

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The woman and her older children WERE on TV.

As for the scientific community, Dr. Weiss IS part of it. He's Chairman Emeritus (whatever that is) of Psychiatry at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami. He hesitated four or eight (can't remember which) years before publishing his findings, and THEN his psychiatric colleagues told him they've experienced the same things. He was skeptical of this until his patient told him about his own deceased child.
------------------
--Lord Byron

[This message has been edited by Tora Ziyal (edited September 05, 2000).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By "TV" we don't mean "Oprah" or "Jerry Springer" or the local equivalent. We mean "Nova" or "Science Digest" or something with actual CREDIBILITY.

I'd be willing to wager that these people were together a looong time before they appeared on TV... Have to get the story right, you know. You never see stuff like this actually HAPPEN -- although this new guy on the Sci Fi channel who 'talkes to the dead' is trying -- it's all about at the level of the various illusionists and "mind readers" you see doing stand-up entertainment at college.

I just started reading a book called "Why People Believe Weird Things." It deals with a lot of pseudoscience, including, I believe, stuff like this. I'll let you know once I've read it.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

If by "credibility" you mean "explainable by science," then I'm afraid you're out of luck. This type of stuff isn't on NOVA for that same reason. It's a rather arrogant and limiting stance if the scientific world you speak of doesn't believe anything it can't explain.

------------------
--Lord Byron

[This message has been edited by Tora Ziyal (edited September 07, 2000).]

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps