Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Clinton Tribute (Page 8)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Clinton Tribute
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And morality, too Shadow.

I suppose I could say 'to each his own,' but the idea of sex outside of marriage I find disgusting, especially when its more gratification that actually loving the other person.

------------------
Intelligence, Integrity, Responsibility.
Vote Bush/Cheney 2000

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*thinks about how many people are having sex without being married*

You must have a handful, meeting people everyday that you find disgusting.

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but only if everyone he meets discusses their sexual habits.

I, for one, completely agree with Jeff. I don't approve of people's actions, but it's none of my business. They can do whatever they want with themselves. As for me, I'd never marry a guy who's had premarital sex. If that means staying single forever, so be it.

------------------
"Poetic souls delight in prose insane."
--Lord Byron

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:::backs away slowly, headed for the door:::

OK, St.John...stay cool..no sudden MOVEments...a few more meters & we're home-free....

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Constellation of One
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Constellation of One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the real issue is whether or not someone who can't keep the most basic oath of loyalty to one's spouse can be trusted to keep an oath of service to a country. Given that Slick Willie cannot and then lies about it tells me all that I need to know about his fitness for office. To accept the opposite would be to believe that someone who can't remain faithful to one would remain trustful to millions. Uh, survey says?

Yes, other prominent officeholders have had extramarital affairs. However, that does not excuse Willie's conduct, his lies, his use of government personnel (Re: taxpayer monies) to cover up his pathetic behavior, and smear campaigns against those who expose his gaffes.

Fifty years from now we might look back on Clinton and claim him to be the greatest president in American history, but I doubt it. Right now, he is the greatest presidential embarassment in American history.

------------------
Everything in life I ever needed to know I learned from The Simpsons.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Right now, he is the greatest presidential embarassment in American history.

Mmm....Dick?

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Right now, he is the greatest presidential embarassment in American history.

Ultra Mangus beat me to it. Richard Nixion!

Those of you who are younger then me are going to find out some thhings in the next few years of your life. Namely that far more people lie then you believe now, and you will be surprised to find out how many people cheat on there spouses.

Zyial: Good Luck. I hope you find the right guy, but if he is old enough to get married, and has been through college, and says he hasn't had sex, he's lieing.

------------------
Sailing the Slipstream

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's quite a generalisation, Kosh.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I really want a flying pogo-stick." - Antag

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course it is, Frank. There are those of us who simply don't have a snowball's chance of getting a girl in the first place.

Ziyal:

I don't know about refusing to marry someone if they weren't a virgin. If I met a great girl who wasn't, but acknowledged that it was a mistake and truely regretted it, I wouldn't hesitate to go out with her.

And at least Nixon had the decency to resign.

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever happened to Scuzzman?

------------------
Oh, fiddle faddle, everyone knows that our mutants have flippers. Oops, I've said too much.....
~C. Montgomery Burns

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really think Shik deserves some kind of Forum award. I shall have to design it.

------------------
Conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.
--
Ambrose Bierce
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! It's useless to struggle.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:::gasps::: An award? Pour moi? Wow.

:::gets confused look on face::: What for?

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For being irresponsible and irrational, I imagine.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Shik
Member # 343

:::looks around::: Who--what--I--huh--it--WHAT?!??

OK...so I try to inject a little humor to deflate things..smack someone for not realizing that my humor was just that & not a relevant argument...flippantly cite examples of basic human nature....& I'm "irresponsible & irrational?" HWA??

If this is based upon my sexual philosophy as stated here, then that's not fair, man. Hey, if savin' yourself for marriage or "true love" is your thing, that's cool with me. Keep on keepin' on & all that. But PLEASE don't tell me that your reason is that your projecting your ideals onto me without a disclaimer? Please?

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Well, some of your posts were doing the same thing, even if they were meant to be "humorous."

------------------
Frank's Home Page

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps