Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Omega's Questions (Page 8)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Omega's Questions
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Thwacks Omega over the head with a rather large wet cod repeatedly*

You STILL didn't answer the question.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm going to take a wild guess here, and say the answer's, "No, but it's irrelevant to anything." Now will you, Jeff, answer MY questions? I doubt it.

------------------
"Still one thing more fellow-citizens--A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government..."
-Thomas Jefferson

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega,

I did answer your questions. You just rejected all the answers because you didn't like 'em. Tough shit, buddy. You said you'd answer this question, now you back out? Hey, if THAT's the way you want to be, that's fine with me.

How the fuck is it irrelevent? Knowing how to use a gun and how to handle a gun and knowing how to do those things in a critical situation is VERY relevent to the question at hand. If you're avoiding the question ... well, that begs the question, why? Why do you avoid this question? Why do you think it is irrelevent? Hmmmm? Going to avoid the question altogether?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"Mr. Vice President, in all due respect, it is - I'm not sure 80 percent of the people get the death tax. I know this: 100 percent will get it if I'm the president." - George W. Bush

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega: My point is that I have seen a lot of 'law abiding' citizens doing illegal activities all the time. The cops I have had busted for drinking and driving being the big one. These same cops that preach the DARE program and stand side by side with MADD and SADD groups go out of town to festivles hundreds of miles from home and break the laws.
Plus...
People have this thing about one upsmanship that is stupid.
If I can find the article I will scan it in, but a guy here in Port Huron got in to a fight he started. Got his ass kicked good. No previous criminal record. He and his opponet were both drunk. The no-criminal-record ran in to his house, grabbed his legally registered .38 cal. revolver, and pasted the guy twice in the back at close range.
Had he a CCWP he would have probably had it on him.
He did live in the South Park area of PH, and had bought the revolver to 'protect' his family. Now he is in Jackson Prison and his family is without his 'protection' and his meager support.

Or we can revert to the Old West where almost everybody had a revolover on their hip. Didn't stop Jesse James, but what the hell.

Criminals have weapons now, but if Michigans CCWP restrictions are lowered I may have to quit my job as a collections person, for fear that the 'law abiding' citizens in my area my think differently, since they can carry their weapons around.

------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, could you, for my sake anyway, post this question that Omega isn't answering. I can't remember for the life of me which thread it is in.

------------------

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked Omega this question earlier in this thread:

A question for Omega. Ever been in a critical situation? You know, where you are really in danger?

Felt the blood run through you, knees turn weak, focus go off, senses reach out, doubt & fear flood you? Obviously not. So, until you have been there, stop spouting all this crap about 'yeeha, I'd just go down there and bust all their asses!'.

When you are in a life threatening situation, no matter what training you have had, or what weapons you carry, you'll realize how immaterial all this squablling and posturing is. You have a split second to make a decision that could end a life, one way or the other. Now, any kind of martial training helps keep you focused, and some experience with weapons is invaluable, but you, I would guess lack any experience with high pressure situations and I'd bet a months wages that your stomach would turn to jelly and you'd want mamma to come cover ytou up the first time you're really shite scared of being killed. Theres' nothing shameful in that, but just make sure you can seperate your realistic reactions from your fantasies about being the all conquiering hero who takes out the baddie.

These situations are fluid, and never what you expect. Your reactions are always half as good as they should have been, upon reflection. Keep that in mind.
----------------

Jeff & yours truly are waiting for an answer.

------------------

- DT.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Yes, thank you. I know the feeling.....

you might want to add the unsettling for the stomache and the complete urge to vomit......

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might add that Daryus posted that originally, then I quoted it later, now Daryus has posted it for a third time. Whatup Omega-san?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

I dunno. Maybe he thinks there's a subliminable message in there....

------------------

- DT.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

The above was a joke, in case you missed it. Anyway, can you answer the question, please?

------------------

- DT.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I could just say, "I did answer your question. You just rejected the answer because you didn't like it." But since that is completely lacking in intelligent content, I won't say that.

I will instead quote the answer I gave earlier that you all apparently missed. I will also refrain from commenting on this answer until all the questions I have asked of JK are answered.

"No."

Satisfied?

------------------
"Still one thing more fellow-citizens--A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government..."
-Thomas Jefferson

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Omega, what would you say your chances are of being in such a situation, if you continue on your career path that you envision yourself following, are?

------------------

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

Ritten, the way he's going. High *L*

Omega, in all seriousness, if you have never been in any such situation then I suggest you take a reality check on your views and expectations of such an encounter. I can assure you, your initial reaction won't be pleasing to your ego, or perhaps, your life expectancy.

------------------

- DT.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Omega,

I *did* answer your questions, you just chose to reject the answers because they didn't fall into your world view.

And might I point out that in another thread you said you would answer this question? So much for that.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have I ever been in a potentially fatal situation? Yes definitely once, and close to it several other times.

In all cases the problems were resolved withoutr gunfire, but in the most dangerous case both brute physical force and weaponry were involved.

Recently, we've had thieves on our property, stealing, of all things, wood siding. They might have stolen more, if they had made it to the house. My father and I came home and caught them in their pickup in the driveway. Unfortunately, their pickup was faster than my dad's giant SUV, and they got away. Decided it wasn't worth firing at them after old barn lumber that was starting to rot anyway, (see, JeffK, ther ARE some things that even I think aren't worth killing for ) despite the obvious benefit to evolution their demise would have secured.

I've been in a number of physical altercations, many of which were due to my open expression of a lack of (and occasional sharp derision of people who have) religious faith.

And in my last year of college I faced off against a guy who was stalking a female friend of mine. He was 6'4 and about 250, and armed with a baseball bat. I'm 6', was a scrawny 170, had no weapon at all, and in the first few moments of the altercation, I got tossed down a flight of stairs.
Fortunately, speed, intelligence, 'frenzy' and a huge amount of luck was enough in this case to overcome strength, size and weaponry. But my arms were good for nothing for a week, and the rest of me was pretty banged up as well.

So what's the followup question, exactly?

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps