Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Never one to miss the opportunity... (Page 11)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Never one to miss the opportunity...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And his tendancy to not get the point/joke.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post 
Which is almost all the time.

------------------
"Okashii na... namida ga nagareteru. Hitotsu mo kanashikunai no ni."
(That's funny... my tears are falling. And I'm not sad at all.) - Quatre Raberba Winner

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom: Way to "play nice". :-)

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee. Interesting turn of events ... turns out the stories of vandalism in the White House were ... lies.

Imagine that.

The GSA (General Services Admin) reported that the only damage to the White House was the normal type you would expect after a "long term occupancy."

The White House backed off the story pretty quickly, too, if you'll notice. And while they're not saying it didn't happen, they're not talking about it at all -- even when presented with the GSA report.

Where is the proof of the vandalism? There is none. Looks like some Republican pranksters pulled a fast one on the press.

Despite the "extent" of the alleged vandalism ... no one took photos.

No one has been willing to speak on the record about the vandalism. Why? Maybe, because liers prefer to remain unknown.

Tsk-tsk-tsk ...

[ June 03, 2001: Message edited by: Jeff Kardde ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, of course, that the WH finally DID release a report of the vandalism. It wasn't as extensive as previously reported, but damage estimates DO tend to fluctuate when the press gets ahold of them.

6 answering machines with obscene messages,
several phone lines cut
several lines redirected to useless numbers
100 inoperable keyboards
some minor grafitti.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
6 answering machines with obscene messages,

And what kind of obscene messages WERE these? I mean, if we're going by John Ashcroft's definition, it could be some dude saying, "wow, I'm proud of...[insert word]"

quote:
several lines redirected to useless numbers

Yes, because it is absolutely 100% impossible that the numbers the lines were orginally directed to were changed or deleted after the change of administration? Right?

quote:
100 inoperable keyboards

Yes, because we all know that nothing breaks after extended, long term use. Face it: they wore out.

quote:
some minor grafitti.

Like ... ?

And, what's your source for this?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've been moderately keeping up with the news, and it appears that there are three different stories concerning the alleged vandalism to the White House and associated property.

First, the GAO has released a report that the evidence does not match with the information provided. As a sidenote, Senator Barr is considering a hearing into what is going on since there are allegations that Bush staff members may not have handed over pertinent paperwork, etc., to the GAO for it to conduct a proper investigation.

Second, there a report from another agency that was released about the same time. I cannot for certain remember the name of the agenct, but it was an internal White House office that supervises maintenance and facilities for that building. There report said they found nothing aside from normal wear and tear. As a side note here, this agency/office/whatever does not normally look into stuff as in-depth as phone lines and electronics as those problems are normally outsourced for repair and maintenance.

Third, the White House is saying that there was vandalism done. I believe First of Two has a list earlier of what the Bush administration found. As a sidenote to this one, Ari Fleischer, spokesman for the White House, said that this information was gathered from the recollections of some Bush staff members and not from original paperwork or incident reports filed during move-in.

As for me, the jury is still out on this verdict.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cropped to keep the rapid web cockroaches in check. The continuation is here

[ June 06, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps