Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The Pot. Discuss. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: The Pot. Discuss.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By why do something harmful, even that infrequently, if you don't have to? That like saying "Sure, I stab myself repeatedly in the abdomen w/ an ice pick. But only once or twice a year. The body heals in between."...

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know. Why do people eat hamburgers? Or pizza? They're not exactly health foods, either.

Humans LIKE doing things that aren't good for them. It's like I said... they're all insane.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gurgeh: Daryus wasn't implying that you should take it to find out why is should be kept illegal. I think he was making a point that almost no-one here will have tried it, and yet they will still denounce it as being evil.

Strangely, at university, no-one that I hang around with takes it. Also strangely, none of them smoke. I can't say that I want to complain about it. The thing is, none of them are really against it, but they just can't be arsed, when they can just as easily drink alcohol. Besides, none of them like smoking tobacco, so they are not likely to smoke pot.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Rob. Do pot all you want. Eliminate stupidity from the gene pool. But if you endanger other people while doing it, we shoot you.

------------------
"How do you define fool?"
"I don't attempt it. I wait for demonstrations. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
- CJ Cherryh, Invader

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, when, for example, a future President of the U.S. drives drunk, he should be dragged from his car and shot ... ?

Interesting conflict, there.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since I believe that everyone's entitled to ONE screw up, provided nobody else gets hurt, I'd say you can only shoot them on the second offense.

And of COURSE after the trial.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JeffKardde, so was that last point an argument for or against? I can't quite figure it out

------------------
"The Guide says that there is an art to flying...or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Life, the Universe and Everything

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*comes out of the wood work*

Hey , its been a while since i've posted but i've been looming in the shadows for a while and this topic baited me out of my foxhole

They say Marijauna is a "gateway" drug , in that it introduces you to the subculture of drug abuse , i believe Nimrod said somthing about the contacts you need to get to obtain marijauna often have other products which arnt so harmless , he is totally correct. But if anything that is a HUGE reason to legalize weed , if you legalize and regulate it , you do away with the criminal element around it.

I mean what danger of encountering set backs if you could go to your local pharmacy and buy Government regulated safe stuff?

You do away with not only the criminal element but the risk of purchasing some kind of laced material and other dangers.

BTW , Marijuana isnt totally illeagal its a "regulated substance" in that you have to obtain a Federal government issued licence to have it on your person. Under the Harrison Narcotics act if you have the licence its perfectly legal to have it. Of course the Government doesnt issue the licence.

If anything , the Goverment itself is to blame for the criminal element around Marijuana. Back in the early to mid 1900's the US had a huge Cocaine/herion abuse problem , so in their efforts to establish the first clear narcotics laws they lumped Marijuana in with the REAL DRUG PROBLEM , Cocaine , Herion and the other hard drugs.

My Thoughts can be summed up in the words or Dana Carvey

"Legalize it , tax the shit out of it , and build schools for my kids"

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this Dana..very smart.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes, but wasn't mr. Carvy refering to prostitution...but that's a different topic completely...

------------------
Signatures are for losers

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah , But that quote works on so many levels !

------------------
The Kiwi Wars are over... The forces of the Kiwi Order have prevailed and the galaxy is now safe for Kiwi Kind!
Jupiter Station , Starfleet Research & Development

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you supposedly knowledgeable people, enlighten me: does smoking marijuana damage your brain and respiratory system? And if so, to what extent?

What I'm trying to get at here, is that everything we do damages our body. Eating, drinking, breathing, thinking, anything we do wears us down. By the time you hit fifty, if not before, your bodily systems are already beginning to degrade.

So, the question is, to what extent do we wish to damage ourselves? How fast do we want to speed up the process? Some will say that anything in moderation is good, and thus not cause sufficient damage to be a problem. Well, I don't believe in that. Eating cream puffs in moderation is okay, but I mean, try drinking a little bit of HCl. Or breathing in a few particles of asbestos. Or standing next to a bucket of radioactive plutonium for a few minutes. Not good for you. Even in moderation.

I'm not sure if marijuana fits into that category. But, if the damage caused to one's brain while smoking it is considerable, then I think it might. I put regular cigarettes into that category because of the cumulative damage it does to the lungs.

But, I mean, if you want to limit YOUR abilities and damage YOUR body and end YOUR life a little bit earlier, I can't say anything about it now can I?

------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh, but was it his only offense? Or the only one he admitted to ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

USDA Sponsered studies show Marijuana does NOT kill brain cells in normal doses.

People seem to always draw some sort of connection between Cigerretes and Marijuana , but people forget , Cigerettes are almost all poisons and other synthetic chemical additives , where as a marijuana joint if rolled with pure stuff is almost 100 percent natural with the exception of the Rolling paper.

Also the same study proves that lung damage is minimal with marijuana use.

Theres a book published by some USDA scientists called "Myths and Facts of Marijuana" or somthing like that the exact title escapes me now. But the book is very informative and does away with alot of the misconceptions of Marijuana.

------------------
The Kiwi Wars are over... The forces of the Kiwi Order have prevailed and the galaxy is now safe for Kiwi Kind!

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

LMAO , i just noticed how old my Signiture is , i really should take that site down... LOL

------------------

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps