Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » "Americans" this.... (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: "Americans" this....
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, my, a Swiss-type-person. Cool.

Welcome, Voivod. I look forward to your input into our discussions.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A "Swiss-type person." Does that mean if we bend back his legs & reach up his ass, we'll find a sppon, a toothpick, a pair of tweezers, a saw, & a can opener?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that would be a "Swiss Army person"...

*reads Shik's "soulbond" link* Ye gods... You truly are insane, aren't you?

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably. But I liked his "personal responsibility" rant a few days back. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The world stereotypes Americans. *shrug* so what? Half the time we deserve it anyway. I mean, come on.... how can you not make fun of a country that has a monkey-looking crotch-goblin as a president?

And if we're going to compare governments, I shall remind you all that the United States government is based on the British Parliament. We're not as far apart as we think.

Actually, our government would work a lot better now if the idiotic fucks over at congress hadn't changed things around in the 1800's.

But what do I know? I'm a woman. And we all know that women are so weak-minded that they cannot be trusted with property, let alone the vote.

The problem with my country is that we can't keep the most ignorant among us away from the media. Believe it or not there are tons of intelligent people in this country. It's just that we dont' get out much. We hide in our houses because we fear the rest of the world. *shudder*.

quote:
Posted by Infinity: That's probably the smartest thing I've heard anyone say at this board.

You must stop reading only the top 2 lines of large posts, Infinity. Really, child. But I bet you're not even reading this now, are you? Because this is at the bottom of my post.

--------------------
'Your spirit will always be the light that guides me... that guides me forever...' - Whispers

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I did read that, I usually read whenever someone writes a long post, it's articles that lose my attention, I read the beggining, skim thorough the middle, and read the end.
That's why it's usually best if people provide a link for articles. Well, I do not have a lot of time, and therefore I cannot afford to waste it reading a 4000 word article. What I like to do now is just copy, and paste into BonziBuddy so he reads it to me while I read all of the replies and think of my own reply. Damn thing spells all of the caps so it's been pissing me off whenever someone caps a lot of their words.

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!
Me- Jen.... Where'd you go.... I love you... please come back.... please....

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm happy when people just cap words that need to be capped.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim: yes, I am. But in a good way. And that page was just the Majora. Did you see the Minora & the Emeritus as well?

Lee: Why, THANK you! That warms my heart.

Jubey-chan: Werd to that, yo. But I think Congress needs to be MORE like the British Parliament. Or the Australian one. Whichever. They both have fistfights between members. We could well use that in Congress. I'd liek to see John McCain roundhouse Trent Lott, then turn around & hamme rthrow Hillary Clinton. Might make C-SPAN's ratings run through the roof.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Hillary DID nearly kill Strom Thurmond a few months back. Does that count?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christ, a weak sneeze would nearly kill Strom Thurmond ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have fistfights in our parliment?

There was the egg incident, but that wasn't in parliment.

Are you sure?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Russia has fist-fights.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heck, Strom Thurmond actaully died in 1978. Just after he participated in a wild night of drinking and winning a wet t-shirt contest.

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: Jay the Obscure ]

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: Jay the Obscure ]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's Storm Thurmond?

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!
Me- Jen.... Where'd you go.... I love you... please come back.... please....

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

A really really really old guy.

He's the South Carolina senator, I believe. He's been in the Senate since, what, 1930 something?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps