Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Breen (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Breen
Intruder1701
Member # 880

- posted      Profile for Intruder1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know I was just looking over some of my taped episodes of the lastest season of DS9 and noticed something. The helmets the Breen wear are the exact same helmets Princess Leia wore when she disguised herself as a bounty hunter in ROTJ. So what, is Paramount raiding the LucasFilm sets for props? What next is a Star Destroyer going to start menacing the crew of the Enterprise?

--------------------
"Who cares if we bomb a few hospitals, it just means we got them a second time" Warrant Officer Robert Clift, CVN-71 OEF

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Between this and the "why is the bridge located on top of the saucer" thread, I am currently confused as to what the current year is.

Never the less, they aren't the "exact same helmet". They are similar, but not the same. Not by a long shot.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THEY WERE NOT DIFFERENT!!!!
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breen.

Leia.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh. Isn't that a coincidence.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well all I can say is, I've glad we've never seen under the helmet - cause anything would be a disappointment. Like seeing underneath the Gaim's helmet on B5.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone in the DS9 Companion believes they are canine humanoids. Not that they were ever really planning on showing them.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something more mysterious would have been cool. We have to figure in the fact that 'no one has seen a Breen outside their isolation suit'. why they NEED and isolation suit. Why Kira and Dukat could have stolen suits of two Breen and still not been able to see what they look like. Why the Breen homeworld is presumably a cold place (and what they did with Ferenginar's two poles and several icy moons!! [Smile]

Here is a wild guess... picture Senator Kelly from the X-Men movie... where he eventually turned to water... now picture a breen isolation suit after it's compromised and the scene in the movie where Senator Kelly eventually... 'collapses'.

Some sort of water-creature!! Presumably at low temperatures they feel more comfortable/are more solid!!

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A "water creature"? I am bearish on this idea.

Personally, I think things can work a bit if we modify what it means to have "seen" a Breen. If their environment is really, really cold, when their suits were removed they may have started to sublimate. So, like, Kira and Odo say what a Breen looked like after it had turned to sticky goo and steam.

Though I would be a bit concerned about putting on a suit recently inhabited by very messy remains.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... despite some previous speculation, I think that we can rule out body odor as the reason for the Breens' suits. Because otherwise, both Kira and Dukat would've been incapacitated after removing the helmet. And after her experience in "Indiscretion," I doubt that she would've wanted to try the same trick again in "What You Leave Behind."

[Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Well it doesn't have to be WATER per se, but something as mentioned that vapourises under normal temperatures and/or pressures.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Antifreeze blood! HOORAY!

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though we have been told that the Breen do not have blood.
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Facts, mere facts! You can't let such things get in the way of grand theorising!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Well, my 'water theory' holds up under the 'no blood' factoid! [Smile]
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps