Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Breen (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Breen
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clearly they wanted Dax and Worf alive - otherwise they would have killed them on site. Why then put them into quarters/cells that were not very hospitable to their natural living-states? I don't think that would happen.

Breen being quite pleasent, is subjective.

As mentioned:

Weyoun is a bullshite artiste
Pleasent compared to what?
etc. etc.

I'd take anything Weyoun says with a grain of salt, he was just trying to make Damar feel like an idiot every chance he got.

Besides, maybe Vorta like vastly different conditions, and only suffer being in Federation standard Temps and pressures?

The Cardassians like their atmospheres to be much hotter and humid remember.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point about the environment on the ship though. There wasn't any evidence of airlocks, so perhaps the Breen are just very keen on their fridge suits, or really like to be mysterious (they apparently followed Interstellar Imagebuilding Class).

The other reason could be that Weyoun ordered a nice comfortable environment. Probably to show poor Damar that Breen is 'quite pleasant'.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But Damar didn't go to Breen, it was just hear-say via Weyoun.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But wasn't Damar also on the ship? Remember him smiling about Weyoun's death?

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a bit unsure about the line, but Weyoun wither said that Breen was quite pleasant or quite warm, one or the other.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're conflating events, I think. Worf and Dax are picked up by a Breen ship that has the Founder and Weyoun on it, having just signed their treaty. The ship later reaches Cardassia Prime, where everyone gets off, Worf kills Weyoun, and Damar makes his decision to fight back against the Dominion by helping Worf and Dax escape.

I think.

Come to think of it, even with Damar's help it might be a little difficult to get off Cardassia Prime. Hmm.

"Maybe you should talk to Worf again."

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the sequence:

Dax and Worf are stranded on some planet. They get picked up by the Breen. Later, that same Breen ship meets a Dominion ship carrying the Founder, Weyoun, and Damar. After the Breen beam over to the Dominion ship with their "gifts," we never see the inside of the Breen ship again.

quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
perhaps the Breen are just very keen on their fridge suits

Well, there's one point in favor of the body odor theory... [Wink]

Seriously, the Breen probably had a special atmosphere-variable section of their ship. Or perhaps all their ships have variable-temperature sections, considering that their own preferences are fairly abnormal. They wouldn't want to kill their prisoners with the cold -- and there's no sense in wandering into an uncomfortable environment that contains potentially dangerous prisoners without protection.

Let's put it this way. If you captured a Breen and locked him in the freezer, would YOU want to go feed him wearing only shorts and a t-shirt? I know I'd be too busy shivering to fight back if he tried to escape... It's simple common sense.

And of course, that's assuming that the only purpose of the suits is for refrigeration.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

NeghVar
Member # 62

- posted      Profile for NeghVar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps they were some sort of Romulan sect using the environment suits as a ruse? They wanted Romulus after all?

Later!
Art

Intruder1701
Member # 880

- posted      Profile for Intruder1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is totally off the wall but I have noticed a few more Star Wars creatures winding up in the Trek universe, for example the creature that Q tormented was called "The Calimarain" (Deja Q TNG) and the race in the Delta Quadrant (Persistance of Vision VGR) were called the Bothans. So maybe Princess Leia was posing as a Breen bounty hunter

--------------------
"Who cares if we bomb a few hospitals, it just means we got them a second time" Warrant Officer Robert Clift, CVN-71 OEF

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, are you suggesting that the Calamarain were a reference to the Mon Calimari (proof that Lucas has an evil sense of humor and enjoys pain)? That's an analogy more stretched than this one: spiders are like birds with notepads.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a trap!
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The suits could serve multiple purposes beyond refrigeration. Including being body armour and providing air filtration.

As far as what Weyoun said, he seemed to be playing with Damars' mind.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps the Breen don't evaporate when the suit is breached. Perhaps the suit simply is an empty exoskeleton, and the actual occupant is an AI or a cricket-like critter living in the snout of the helmet.

Perhaps the Breen sneakily attack those who breach their suits, and then begin a parasitic life in the body of the breacher, making him or her do stupid things like fail to kill a career-compromising bastard daughter or a mortal yet momentarily vulnerable enemy.

Timo Saloniemi

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Yes, and perhaps the suits really are empty remote-controled decoys, and the real Breen is a 13-year old scriptkiddy from a small moon in orbit around Planet X.

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
0k w3y0Un WE wILL jo1N yuOR aLLIENC3 W1Ht +3h D0miN1on!!1 W3 W1Ll KIxXor +eH n008 allI@nc3 0f +3h pH4D3r45Hun. !!!1 h@Xxor!!1 14 M teh MEdIC!11

?

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps