Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The Breen (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Breen
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except the whole point of blood-testing back in that episode was being able to remove a small chunk of the creature that by not shapeshifting back could be used to establish the creature as being what it appeared to be. (messed up sentences fun to right are). A liquid life form, one assumes, would not suffer those limitations, or if it did (for instance, if the whole liquid was sentient and a bit couldn't be separated) then I imagine Bashir would have described the problem a bit differently.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Confused... blood testing and the Breen!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"In Purgatory's Shadow/By Inferno's Light". When Bashir, Worf and Garak were all being help prisoner by the Dominion, they took blood samples from their fellow prisoners to ensure that none were shapeshifters. The exception was the one Breen prisoner.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly... wateresque creature - no blood.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or all blood. And we're pretty watery.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps they're gasious? Remove the suit and they disperse.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Yes, hence my post above:

"Well it doesn't have to be WATER per se, but something as mentioned that vapourises under normal temperatures and/or pressures."

Maybe they corrode rather quickly in any oxygen rich atmosphere.

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This doesn't all jive with Weyoun's line that the Breen homeworld is quite pleasant, meaning (to me at least) that it's Earth-like.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
This doesn't all jive with Weyoun's line that the Breen homeworld is quite pleasant, meaning (to me at least) that it's Earth-like.

Yes, but Weyoun was often full of shit. We know from Dukat's statement in "Return to Grace" that the Cardassians had an embassy on Breen... presumably, the diplomats living there would know that the planet is cold?

As for Weyoun's statement, either he was just trying to mess with Damar's mind, or else his last cloning left a few neurons scrambled. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought weyoun was just being a mite sado-masochist-sarcastic.. expecially considering all other references to the true nature of the homeworld..

didnt we already have this conversation? too many times?

Weyoun would call a slaughterhouse 'quite pleasant' if he was sending you there.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other possibility is that Weyoun was lied to, and was passing along bad information.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or intentionally doing so. As was my theory at the time. Until it was mercilessly cut off at the knees! Thanks.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well there is also the matter of Dax and Worf's stay on a Breen ship. They seemed to be quite comfortable temperature-wise and it didn't appear that the Breen that entered the cell had to go through any kind of airlock. Unless that section of the ship was all detention cells...

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Consider that the ship was hosting a diplomatic delegation at the time.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Was it? I thought that Dax and Worf were transported onto a Dominion ship...

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps