Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Saw it! WOOT! (SPOILERS! TONS OF THEM! STAY AWAY! WARNINGWARNING!) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Saw it! WOOT! (SPOILERS! TONS OF THEM! STAY AWAY! WARNINGWARNING!)
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
1. and I must stress this as the first point, absolutely NO references to Archer's NX-01 Enterprise! YAY Not even a model of it in the display of the standard 6, nil thru E.
A U.S.S. Archer was part of the fleet. And someone in the S&T-Forum said that there was a model of the NX-01.

I've heard that Picard is looking on some photos when he was a cadet and that the was bald on this photos. Can anyone confirm this?

BTW: Was it ARIES or misspelled AIRES?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by StarFire:

quote:
*whine* I have to wait until Wednesday to see it. Getting tickets to the afternoon showing while trying to get tickets to the night showings of LOTR:TTT. Double header that day! Whoo!
Whine because of a few days. I will have to wait another month to see the film!!

(Or 130 hours until my download is finally complete... [Wink] )

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
koy'peled Oy'tio: You live in Tracy?! That's like 30 minutes from me! Out in the middle of nowhere *L* Where'd you go to see it, F'ton? I went to SJ, as I just live 20 mins from there.

Well i went to see it at the Regent Empire (Empire Theatres), 30 mins eh, that would put you in russagornich? (think thats how it's spelt) If not where then?

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

ASDB_J
Member # 312

- posted      Profile for ASDB_J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A U.S.S. Archer was part of the fleet. And someone in the S&T-Forum said that there was a model of the NX-01.

I've heard that Picard is looking on some photos when he was a cadet and that the was bald on this photos. Can anyone confirm this?

I didn't notice USS Archer - though that could be named for anybody. [Wink] I wlll certainly try to get all of the names in repeat viewings! lol

Neither my brother nor I saw *any* NX-01 models. There were six arranged on the wall, on each side of the conf, lounge, IIRC, and there was a crystal Ent-E in his ready room - this is all from memory, but I didn't see any NX class. *shudder*

Picard, unfortunately (to avoid confusing newbies) had absolutely no hair in his academy photo. We saw him with a mop in "Tapestry" when he got stabbed, and he still had a comb-over in the flashback w/ Beverly at Jack Crusher's death.
Of course, we could just assume he had a very close academy shave and grew it out again for his graduation...

I think it was spelled correctly, Aries. But, then, this is again from memory. =)

Jas

--------------------
http://stmultiverse.homestead.com

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
quote:
1. and I must stress this as the first point, absolutely NO references to Archer's NX-01 Enterprise! YAY Not even a model of it in the display of the standard 6, nil thru E.

yes in fact there is such a picture, and strangly enough Baird decided to spend a little of showtime so that we can get a look at it, and big surprise it is just a dressed up shinzon (Tom Hardy)

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wlll certainly try to get all of the names in repeat viewings!
No need for that:
USS Intrepid
USS Valiant
USS Galaxy
USS Aries
USS Nova
USS Hood
USS Archer

But you could try to get the registries of the Intrepid, Valiant, Nova, and Archer.

quote:
Neither my brother nor I saw *any* NX-01 models.
Good to hear that. Not that I don't like Enterprise but the E-E display was the only one that made sense because it was limited to Federation Starfleet vessels.

quote:
Picard, unfortunately (to avoid confusing newbies) had absolutely no hair in his academy photo.
*censored* Did he wear a uniform on that picture? If yes, what did it look like.

And I've heard that the musicians at the reception wore all-gray dress uniforms.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by koy'peled Oy'tio:
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
koy'peled Oy'tio: You live in Tracy?! That's like 30 minutes from me! Out in the middle of nowhere *L* Where'd you go to see it, F'ton? I went to SJ, as I just live 20 mins from there.

Well i went to see it at the Regent Empire (Empire Theatres), 30 mins eh, that would put you in russagornich? (think thats how it's spelt) If not where then?
Well, guys, I'm not that far away either. I live in Moncton!

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To answers some questions:
1. We do see a picture of Picard as a cadet. It is actually of Tom Hardy and his bald head. He is wearing the TOS-movie style cadet uniform.
2. USS Aries is still there on the shiplist and is still misspelled.
3. USS Archer is on the shiplist and most likely is named after Jonathan Archer.
4. I don't recall seeing a model of the NX-01, but given they added Archer to the shiplist, it's very possible they also added a model to the display.
5. As I recall, the musicians did wear dress uniforms, but pretty much all the Starfleet people there did as well.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, the musicians has diffrent uniforms. Grey with silver trim.
StarFire
Member # 748

- posted      Profile for StarFire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
Originally posted by StarFire:

quote:
*whine* I have to wait until Wednesday to see it. Getting tickets to the afternoon showing while trying to get tickets to the night showings of LOTR:TTT. Double header that day! Whoo!
Whine because of a few days. I will have to wait another month to see the film!!

(Or 130 hours until my download is finally complete... [Wink] )

Part of the wine was due to, like, 3 people online bragging how they saw the movie whilst I slaved away at Wal-Mart for 10+ hours, running only on my one 15 minute break.

My computer is an old P.O.S. and is quite finicky when it comes to downloads. Can't wait to fire it in the new year...along with Wal-Mart. hehe.

--------------------
Are we having fun yet?

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be seeing it on Christmas leave.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've been thinking about the film for awhile, and it seems to me that it barely qualifies as a Star Trek film at all. Again, it's good, and well worth watching. But the plot is simply disconnected from the universe. Even the much maligned Insurrection had a plot that spun out from events in DS9. (The Federation is in trouble!)

Here we get Romulans, but they could have been anyone, there's no internal Trek reasons for them to be acting the way they do, it doesn't flow from where they were at the end of the Dominion War, which gets namechecked in the film, but not in any meaningful way.

I suspect shortchanging the political aspects was a conscious choice designed to make the film more appealing to the general public, and it may work. But I suppose I was hoping for something that felt a bit more like Star Trek VI, a highly political film and thus one of my personal favorites.

(One could also make the more minor argument that most of the inspirational moments of the film were done before. Romulans swooping in to fight along side Starfleet? Been there. Romulans coming over to provide medical and other assistance? "Timescape." And yet I was totally swept up in each, so, as I said, this is just nitpicking.)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A correction I have to make regarding what i had said earlier:

Picard (in the picture, being played by Tom Hardy) doesn't not wear the cadet's uniform. I had earlier confused the officer's unifrom that Saavik and young Picard from "Tapestry" wore with the noncomm's uniform. The uniform that Tom Hardy was wear as Picard was unfortunately the noncomm's uniform. I don't recall what the rank or class designation pin was, if any. But suffice to say, the pic is all wrong.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the movie.

It was worth my 10 bucks.

That's the quality I want to see on TV shows. I guess to get good writing, editing and a good director of photography, costs millions.

--------------------
Blaze da finest weed in da shire... I shake my trekbbs at flare.solareclipse.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by koy'peled Oy'tio:

Regent Empire - that's the one in the Regent Mall, correct? No, I don't live in Rusagonish. I'm about 20 mins from SJ, maybe farther from you. It takes me about 30 minutes to get to Hoyt. I live in Nerepis, which is a little place outside of Saint John.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps