Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Saw it! WOOT! (SPOILERS! TONS OF THEM! STAY AWAY! WARNINGWARNING!) (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Saw it! WOOT! (SPOILERS! TONS OF THEM! STAY AWAY! WARNINGWARNING!)
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn I'm good...

I find this odd. Why is Australia's premiere January 16th, yet New Zealand doesn't get it until April 10th? Why can't they ship the sucker across to the islands?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first disc-shaped explosion I remember is when Nostromo blew up in Alien. The explosions in the first 3 Star Wars movies were all physical explosions filled in parking lots and effects stages.

PS: Nemesis is not coming to Japan until fucking April 12!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really? Damn that's a long time to wait for a movie. In 2004 I'm moving to Japan for 2 or 3 years.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minority Report just opened last week. The Two Towers also won't come out until spring.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching Minority Report right now.... third time this weekend [Smile]

It's a great movie....

Anyway, back to Trek [Smile]

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was the darkness of space that really made the Scimitar freaky. Also the space battle wasn't near any stars (at least from what i could gather) I got a fairly good look at the Warbirds, and i actually mistook them for BOP's at first. I think the space battle shots would have been way cooler if the Scimitar wasn't firing through it's cloak. All you saw were some ripples when something hit. Meh, well I'm going to se Two Towers next week, so i'll probably forget all about Nemesis by then. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I said earlier... why are there WHEELS on the damn dune buggy? Doesn't the future use antigravs to move street vehicles on Earth?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frankly, wheels make more sense. They're a proven technology. Surely it must take more power to counter gravity than it does to push a dune buggy around. So why not use wheels when the terrain and situation allows?
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure by the late 24th Century, antigrav technology would be as good as wheels.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its good to be surrounded by people who enjoyed the movie as much as I did. What Sol said about the "just becauses" I totally agree with, but I enjoyed the movie nontheless.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw it tonight. Thought it was pretty good. Ok, there are like fifty-seven different Nemesis threads up in here, and I've poked around to see if anyone has brought this up and I didn't see it anywhere. So if someone has and they are really sick of it, if they could just politely point me to the appropriate thread, I'd sure appreciate it.

Lore. My question is about Lore. You know, Data's Evil twin from before B4. Why didn't anyone say anything at all about Lore? So like there's Lore and there's B4 and Data? Isn't that kind of jumping the shark on the whole positronic android prototype thing? I kept thinking about that through the whole movie and it really distracted me.

Also the genetic 'science' was pretty, erm, awful. But I think there was a good movie in there somewhere. Some of the action was very awsome and the VFX sure were pretty. The Riker on Troi action I could have done without, B4 acting like a moron I could have done without, Picard acting like Snay at the deerfarm/Bo Duke age-50 I could have done without, but overall I think I liked it. The main story was interesting and engaging if a bit implausible, the toys were very cool, and I liked the performances. Anyway, could really do with some feedback on the whole Lore thing...

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed the film minus a few nitpicks here and there. Though now I can see what some people are talking about when it has no much of a Trek soul.

PS: Hobbes on Feb. 21st, I will be going to Japan for my next duty station.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To a ship or shore duty Matrix?

As for the B-4 deal, when I first saw clips I thought it was Lore which would tie in with the title Nemesis. However, the only thing that works for B-4 is the TNG episode "Inheritance" in which Data's 'mom', Julianna Soong, tells him that there were prototype androids constructed before Data and Lore. Even though it's a stretch, it is still possible B-4 was one of the androids mentioned by Julianna Soong.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. I thought that it was pretty clear that Data & Lore were identical production versions of the Soong android concept, and that B4 was the previous prototypical iteration, superficially similar but internally different.

Of course, I don't see why they couldn't just have used Lore, or---even better---why the plot needed to have a Data lookalike at all. Surely there could have been another way for Shinzon to bait Picard and Data without playing that old card. Of course, it did give them an excuse to A) have a "kewl" car chase on a planet, and B) leave the door semi-open for Data's "return" someday.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally saw it yesterday...

What seemed totally pointless to me was the dune buggy chase. There was zero reason for the aliens to show up after they find B-4 other than to have a cool chase scene. The aliens obviously weren't sent by Shinzon as he *wanted* them to take B-4 back to the ship and he needed Picard alive.

I will see it again and try to make sense of the disappointment...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps