Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » STIII SE (Page 10)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: STIII SE
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps Deltans have the same kind of deformed-skull tradition as the ancient Central Americans (did the Incas do that?).

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are all of the identifiable aliens from the STIII bar:
 -

1,2,4 were all coming into the bar as McCoy was. 4 looks like it could be vulcan.
3 was playing that tron-like bi-plane game
5 are obviously tribbles
6 is that idiot alien

there was one other in the background but you really cant tell what it is other than something with what seems to be a blur with big hair etc....

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The female alien looks to be of the same species as this crewmember.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Number 1 looks like Kryten.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What says number 4 is an alien at all?
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nothing, i just stuck it in because i wanted to pose all possibilities

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Number 1 Kryten with those Shell Chocolates for ears!! [Smile]

Seeing as we are talking about the Excelsior Bridge... her picture has JUST been cut out but the officer that stands next to Captain Styles... It's always looked to me like the Same Asian girl on the Bridge of the Grissom. Same coloured uniform etc. Just a really glaring in consistancy. Can anyone post side-by-side pictures??

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: what says #4 is alien at all...

Who says *any* of these are aliens? Perhaps the kind of people who frequent these kinds of establishments are into wearing weird makeup. Or weird plastic surgery.

Timo Saloniemi

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yes, but unfortunately we haven't seen UFP citizens being into such extreme body modification as their technology might allow.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No2: I new Ziggy Stardust had ended up in some timeline!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Seeing as we are talking about the Excelsior Bridge... her picture has JUST been cut out but the officer that stands next to Captain Styles... It's always looked to me like the Same Asian girl on the Bridge of the Grissom. Same coloured uniform etc. Just a really glaring in consistancy. Can anyone post side-by-side pictures??

Andrew

-

Yeah, I always thought the same as well, but now Im not too sure what to think outside of this being a mistake of "stereotyping".

Also, Im not sure if I read this before but I thought I would just reiterate some notes I took from the commentary on the movie:

- Burman Studios (mentioned a page or so back) were responsible for making the aliens, they were also responsible for making aliens in some other more popular movies...of which the Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzi is the only one that comes to mind.

- Okuda notes that the Klingon Bird-of-Prey is 360ft long (110m). The Excelsior is 1531ft (old news, I know) and that Spacedock is roughly 3 miles tall.

[ April 02, 2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Futurama Guy ]

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Yeah, I always thought the same as well, but now Im not too sure what to think outside of this being a mistake of "stereotyping"."

No way - they look a lot the same.

OK Same uniform stands out to begin with.
Both Asian Women of roughly the same age.

Both have similar hair styles (scuse the pun)

Both have similar chin shapes

Similar eyebrows and complexion.

They are very similar looking people.

I like the expression of the chick on the Grissom when they mention Spock's burial tube/robe! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Actually one other note from the Okuda commentary...

They mentioned that the despite the Enterprise being considered "old" at 20 years that in reality NASA didnt share the same concerns because the Columbia was first launched in 1981 and yet it was still going strong.

...little did they know that only a few months later that comment would look really ackward.

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never mind the fact that even from the get-go, Columbia's age wasn't considered a factor...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Thats not what I was getting at, I was referring to the "still going strong" part...

--------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps