Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » STIII SE (Page 8)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: STIII SE
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Kruge's ship ...

Sulu says the BOP carries a crew of "about" a dozen. Kruge's carries 11, including Kruge himself.

Accounting for the Crew:

1 Klingon. Executed by Kruge for the destruction of Grissom.

2 Klingons. Part of landing party to Genesis Planet. One was incapacitated by Spock, the other was shot (stunned or killed?) by Kirk. Both were left on the planet, so they died when it exploded.

6 Klingons - including Torg. Boarding Party to Enterprise. Killed when self-destruct went off.

1 Klingon - Kruge. Killed on Genesis planet by Kirk.

1 Klingon - Maltz. Captured by Kirk & Co. Kirk is informed Maltz is the only Klingon left on the BoP.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Premonition to a double post

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You forgot Kruges' dog - "Pookie". [Smile]

--------------------

Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:

I wonder if "pookie" has the same meaning in Klingon that it does in Tagalog. Funny, I didn't think his dog/targ was a female.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoundEffect:

Female Voice: "Epsilon IX, this is long-range shuttle 'Venture'. Please advise USS Merrimack NCC-1715 that we are delaying the mission a few hours due to problems that will be explained upon our arrival."

Male Voice: "Recieved and understood."

I wonder what that would have been?

"Well, little Jimmy got space-sick and vomited all over the back of the Venture� And John wouldn't stop at K7 (because of those tribbles and all) and we needed some more multicoloured cubes for dinner and I said that..."

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by Middy Seafort:
quote:

I wonder if "pookie" has the same meaning in Klingon that it does in Tagalog. Funny, I didn't think his dog/targ was a female.
Damn dude, lighten up....

--------------------

Middy Seafort
Member # 951

- posted      Profile for Middy Seafort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Middy Seafort:
quote:

Damn dude, lighten up....
I was being light. It was not intended to be serious. It was a joke.

In Tagalog, the term "Pookie" is slang for female genitalia. It may be vulgar, but the word is seen as being "funny."

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

You certainly have a singular wit, sir.

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Singular" meaning "one". As in, he's the one person who would get the joke, since no-one else knows anything about Tagalog.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

exactly

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rolly eyes can encompass entire threads, or parts thereof.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
creating danger!
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Im so inspired by this thread I am considering to go back to school just to learn this fantastic and elusive Tagalog...you know to appreciate the humor of the word 'pookie'. [Razz]

--------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps