Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek manga? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Star Trek manga?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More disturbing than Gieger.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN, this represents so'called "chibi-dized", or SD art.

Chibi is japanese for "small", so this style will always depicts character as small child. It's just such style [Smile]

SD stands for "Super-Deformed", and is even more extreme than chibidization - in this style chars head is almost as big as rest of the body.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason, seriously, you sound like someone who has avoided M-a-n-g-a and Anime a lot, you may need to update your files a bit.

Check out "Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade", it's a relatively new motion picture, by one of the most successful and serious Anime directors/producers.

It should be in every large video rental store.
It's ultra-realistic Anime, in a sci-fi story set in the 60's, where Japan and Germany had won the second world war.
I hear a sequel has been made too, that I must check out.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kazeite: Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that it's four-year-old Janeway and Torres having some sort of slumber party.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With a Chakotay doll.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Jason, seriously, you sound like someone who has avoided M-a-n-g-a and Anime a lot, you may need to update your files a bit.

Again, you're yalking about Anime and I'm talking about comics done in the "big eyes style" (for want of an exact term).
MUCH more effort goes into even the worstanime cartoon than into those comics (that I've seen at least)and it's the comics we're talking about here.

I like anime: in some instances, I LOVE anime.
Not for Trek.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
This kind of artwork gives me nightmares: http://www.keane-eyes.com/

And THAT is what the design of the Powerpuff Girls is based on. Not manga. Get it right, you lazy hack writers. Grr.

Christ, those pictures are scary, aren't they?

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that it's four-year-old Janeway and Torres having some sort of slumber party.

Well, can't 4 year olds have slumber parties? It's cute. Ish. Why is it seriously disturbing you? At least she hasn't got them having sex. At least she hasn't got two 5 year olds licking each other out.

I hate the person who showed me that site. Evil. Evil, I say!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

This'll drive you screaming from four computer then:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/head.php

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

E. Keeler
Member # 1272

- posted      Profile for E. Keeler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] that is quite possibly one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen, next to the hard backed marvel comic book of The Motion Picture......

Tell a lie I actually kinda liked the comic book of the Motion Picture.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Smooth as an Android's bottom...?"

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:

Check out "Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade", it's a relatively new motion picture, by one of the most successful and serious Anime directors/producers.

It should be in every large video rental store.
It's ultra-realistic Anime, in a sci-fi story set in the 60's, where Japan and Germany had won the second world war.
I hear a sequel has been made too, that I must check out.

funny, you mention that, the "what-if" depiction of the back story to Jin-Roh. Having scooped up the new volumes out for Gunnm: Last Order, i read a surprising line in the the later chapters of volume 3 that Japan and a apperently victorious Germany helped establish the first colonies in the solar system. Intially shocking but after some thought it makes sence why the future depicted in Gunnm is so fucking bleek. I mean, the people is power are truely cruel and remorseless... and i always thought Desty Nova was a sick fuck...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "fuck"?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ Captain's Log, Stardate 10467.5, Captain Camryn Mannheim reporting. Since the Tyrellians we are scheduled to rendezvous with lack olfactory glands I have taken the liberty of not using the sonic shower for five days. I must say, my odor is quite irresistible.

That is just... wrong. [Eek!]

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool green ships, looks like Zentraedi attack cruisers.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess: The female Captain that the Andorian wants is a self portrait of the "artist". Just a guess.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
Member # 205

Looks kind of like Janeway's aunt, from Provo, Utah if you know what I mean.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps